General

Ford Mustang Mach-E gets its 270 Mile Range on Premium AWD.

13468915

Comments

  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:. However, since range is such an important factor to most BEV customers, the Mach E is at a serious disadvantage."

    300 Range on RWD and 270 range on AWD...pretty good.
  • But not “top”
  • edited November 2020
    > @lbowroom said:
    > But not “top”

    Tesla RWD Model 3 263 miles.
    Mustang EV RWD 300 miles.

    The 300 mile RWD might be the real bargain EV in 2021.
  • Mach E’s “lackluster” range

    https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/23/the-epa-says-the-ford-mustang-mach-es-electric-range-is-a-lackluster-211-300-miles/
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said: > Mach E’s “lackluster” range."

    300 and 270 sound pretty good.
  • 353 miles is better
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said:
    > 353 miles is better

    +1

    And when was that car released to the public? Like almost four years ago?
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said: > 353 miles is better"

    AWD Model Y is 326 vs. AWD Mustang EV at 270.
  • Yeap brand new car with lower range. Real progress there Ford.
  • > @jimglas_98269389 said:
    >
    > Yep brand new car with lower range. Real progress there Ford
    > ------------------------------------
    > They make up for the shorter range with inferior performance

    Oh, Must be that crazy looking screen they got with donut glued to it that it's all of it extra range from bigger battery than Y.
  • edited December 2020
    > @WW_icefree said:
    > > @jimglas_98269389 said:
    > >
    > > Yep brand new car with lower range. Real progress there Ford
    > > ------------------------------------
    > > They make up for the shorter range with inferior performance
    >
    > Oh, Must be that crazy looking screen they got with donut glued to it that it's all of it extra range from bigger battery than Y.

    Although in fairness the weird donut isn’t as bad as the audi hand writing recognition. Short of a telephone keypad (333444777744 4447777 266 44434446668), I can’t easily think of a way I'd like to interact with a computer less.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00BK-0L_IEA
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > Although in fairness the weird donut isn’t as bad as the audi hand writing recognition."

    But both are better than Tesla's low rated single off center, canted away from user touch screen. Dedicated essential controls which Ford, Audi and everybody does better than Tesla. And all put in an inline screen which Tesla Model 3/Y desperately need.
  • Only in your alternative universe.
  • edited December 2020
    > @FISHEV said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > Although in fairness the weird donut isn’t as bad as the audi hand writing recognition."
    >
    > But both are better than Tesla's low rated single off center, canted away from user touch screen.

    Everything important can be accessed without taking one's hands off a Tesla steering wheel, provided the user isn't mute.

    Even if that weren't the case, it's impossible believe that you would rather scribble on a touch screen than merely touch one.
  • Let's see, Ford Mach E awd long range according to a better route planner if I were to visit relatives in Las Cruces NM I would have to go through Deming NM turning a 2hour drive to a 3.5hour drive.

    Visit my grandfather in Nevada I would only be able to do 60 between Flagstaff and Las Vegas, and I wouldn't be able to take a short cut, which would turn a 17-18hour drive to a 21 hour drive...split to two days. Using a mix of charge point and EA chargers

    Kansas City KS limited to 55 for nearly half of the trip

    If I am to go electric in my region a Tesla is the only one that really makes sense for me. It's either that or buy a new ICE since my current daily is 22 years old. As it is I am hoping it will last long enough for me to get the Cybertruck.
  • Only a true sociopath would recommend a non-Tesla vehicle for long trips.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > Everything important can be accessed without taking one's hands off a Tesla steering wheel, provided the user isn't mute."

    The voice commands were a huge help to compensate for the single screen and too few essential controls but better to have good design from the start like MachE and VWID4 starting with inline screens.

    Even with voice you have to look down and to the right to see what happened vs. result showing in an inline screen.
  • Lol can't fix stupid
  • edited December 2020
    > @FISHEV said:
    > The voice commands were a huge help to compensate for the single screen and too few essential controls but better to have good design from the start like MachE and VWID4 starting with inline screens.
    >
    Please post a video of you interacting with a touch screen you have to reach through the steering wheel to access. That will really help us laymen learn how to drive.

    > @FISHEV said:
    > Even with voice you have to look down and to the right to see what happened vs. result showing in an inline screen.
    >
    No, I don't. Similarly, I don't need the graphic rendering of the car to know whether it's night time or if my headlights are on. You might, but I don't.
  • The desperation to find trolling points is pathetically funny.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > No, I don't."

    Of course you don't but we are talking Tesla Model 3 drivers vs charioteers for the sun god's ride.
  • edited December 2020
    > @"Earl and Nagin 08 RDS 359" said:
    > The desperation to find trolling points is pathetically funny.

    It sure is. He goes out of his way to keep it barely believable.

    If he said ‘you have to open the door and run around the car counterclockwise one time to make the voice command work’ it would be a bridge too far in the credibility department. He'd lose the target audience he's trying to dissuade (potential EV buyers), but it would be no less untrue than his claim that I have to look at a screen to make the voice command work.
Sign In or Register to comment.