Model 3

Let us be thankful for the Tesla Supercharger network

Comments

• I just took a 535 mile drive (Bay Area to Vegas) -- google maps called it 8.5 hours & I did it in the P3D in 9.5 but I really wasn't trying to break any land speed records. Stopped at a Starbucks for Wifey for about 15 minutes too. It's a nice drive. Set AP & let it go. I would never drive long distance in a gasoline car now. YUK! I averaged damn close to 60 MPH
  • > @howard_98305575 said:
    > I just love you guys. It never ceases to amaze me how far you will go with your outlandish total nonsense defenses of Tesla.

It does not amaze me when your called out and have no response, you switch to deflection.
  • Ok, guys, here you have started another war Tesla VS others.
    In my opinion that's terribly wrong.
    If I were a king of the Planet I would gather all fabricants of EV's in one room, lock them and release only when they have come to one charging plug standard. That mess, what we have now with 10 ways of doing the same thing is beyond any common sense

Just imagine - gas station for Mercedes only, all other peasants have to find another stations. Or imagine any other types of segregation. We know from history that all of that is wrong and will end badly.
    Electricity is electricity and I cheer any other EV, it's origins doesn't matter - Japon, Doichland or Amerikan Štormer, they all are good to me. It's stupidity to divide cars.

Owners of EU specs model 3 enjoy CCS. As we can charge at SuC (ok, not me as I live in a country where nr of SuC = 0 :( ) and ionty or any other stations, like any other EV. It's huge benefit, absolute win
  • All brands have been offered access to the Tesla supercharger network. Know your history.
  • Lol I did love that run the numbers yourself, followed by, who needs math anyway. The guy is absolutely unhinged.
  • Lol Howard at first try
    "under 12 hours at an average speed of 75mph."
    Howard back paddling "I average 80-85 on most of 25 and 40."
    You are so full of shit its way too funny. Of course electric cars take longer to do same trip but difference usually 1-2 hours depending on the distance. Not a huge difference.
  • I can barely drive 2 hours without stopping. Going to restroom with 3 kids and stretching takes at least 15-20 min for us no matter what. Please stop making excuses why you hate Tesla. Also most superchargers located in nice and convenient areas and no hard to find at all. If you have zero experience in road tripping in Tesla and using Tesla systems like AP and etc stay quiet and play with 🤡🐠.
  • Howard keeps saying "how much time did you spend charging". Ok, how much time over the course of a month do you spend getting gas? I spend all of 5 mins over the course of an entire month "fueling up" my car. It takes me 5 seconds to plug in and 5 seconds to unplug.

You keep focusing on supercharger usage as if it were something most people do on a daily basis, which is not true. Most owners charge at home which takes up at the most 10 seconds of their time, per day. When people get home at the end of the day, they don't plug their car in and then sit in the garage/driveway waiting for the car to charge. People go on with their end of the day routines.
  • @howard_98305575
    Since you are good at math. why don’t you tell us how much time you have spent fueling your Audi?
    While inhaling all those good smelling fumes at the gas station...
    And using the smelly restrooms usually found around the side of the building by these gas stations...
  • My question-didn't Tesla open the patent on the Superchargers, allowing other manufacturers to use that tech? Why hasn't BMW, say, or Mercedes simply had the Supercharger as an option? Maybe not fast charging, but the actual connector, for charging? Is it a billing issue? Seems easy to work out for Tesla.
    Granted-I don't want more congestion at Superchargers, but every review of the other makers I see talks about their comparative lack of coast-to-coast charging options
  • We don't need to open superchargers to everyone out there unless they are willing to invest shit ton in to building more superchargers. Then I am ok with that.
  • @aperfectecho_92946885 - Tesla did open the patent, and has offered use of superchargers for a fee/investment. I don't know the details, but basically, the rest of them ignored it.
  • Tesla never turned the Supercharger standard over to an independent standards body, it's a proprietary standard and no company is going to adopt a standard that's controlled by a competitor. Musk knew that when he made his offer to allow other companies to use the Tesla Supercharger network, it was a disingenuous offer because he knew that there wasn't a snow ball's chance in hell that anyone would take him up on it. CCS is an industry standard, that's why it's been adopted by everyone except Tesla in the North America, Tesla uses CCS2 in the rest of the world. The unfortunate thing is that they did such a terrible job defining CCS, the CCS connector is a massive kludge as compared to the simple and elegant Tesla connector. Unfortunately we will be stuck with the CCS plug for all eternity, once something like that is defined you can't change it.
  • > @bjrosen said:
    > The unfortunate thing is that they did such a terrible job defining CCS, the CCS connector is a massive kludge as compared to the simple and elegant Tesla connector. Unfortunately we will be stuck with the CCS plug for all eternity, once something like that is defined you can't change it.

You mean like in the 80s when we changes from leaded to unleaded and they changed every gas connector?
    > I just love you guys. It never ceases to amaze me how far you will go with your outlandish total nonsense defenses of Tesla.

Says the guy on a Tesla forum constantly bashing all things Tesla. What could possibly be more outlandish?
  • Good luck getting the gas smell off the soles of your shoes or, god forbid, your hands and everything you touched.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Good luck getting the gas smell off the soles of your shoes or, god forbid, your hands and everything you touched.

No Self Service in NJ. :-) I stay Warm/Cool in the car the entire time and my wife's F150 has a 36 gallon tank so it takes a while!
  • @Big, it's like nonsmokers being able to detect the stench of tobacco in rooms or on objects for months (or years) later.
  • Yeah, I’ve lived in NJ. Hated having to be reliant upon someone else to pump my gas. Hope you tip well. My BIL’s stepson pumps for WaWa. Seems like an unnecessary covid contact, though.
  • "why does everyone in this official tesla forums love teslas so much" the fool asks himself every time he posts, which is like 100 times a day.

Why are you even here?
  • Its very nice to be able to start my car in my garage without the risk of poisoning the bottom floor tenant
    > No math needed, just facts.
    >
    > I average 80-85 on most of 25 and 40. I make one 10-15 min fuel stop and two brief rest stops. Holbrook to Payson to Gilbert is 10 to 15 over for most of the way.
    >
    > From a return trip early in the year pulling into the neighborhood.
    >
    > https://cubeupload.com/im/TeslaP3D/5955EE57CB7D45D3946B.jpeg

And in the meantime the A6 troll clown has thrown another shitload of C02 into the air...unnecessarily if he truly owns a Tesla! Thanks troll clown!
  • Scarry that our A6 troll speeds at 85 mph on 60 mph roadways. You'd think he'd be more worried as many A6 owners get killed while speeding, and kill others in those accidents.
  • > @Joshan said:
    > > @bjrosen said:
    > > The unfortunate thing is that they did such a terrible job defining CCS, the CCS connector is a massive kludge as compared to the simple and elegant Tesla connector. Unfortunately we will be stuck with the CCS plug for all eternity, once something like that is defined you can't change it.
    >
    > You mean like in the 80s when we changes from leaded to unleaded and they changed every gas connector?
    >
    >

Your LED lights are plugging into the same Edison socket that's been used since the introduction of electric lighting, the only change to the wall plug is the addition of a ground pin, changes that are completely backward compatible. Once you've got something that works it doesn't change unless it has to.