General

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Volkswagen's ID.3 Triumphs European EV Sales in October

Comments

• Top speed does a nice review of the ID3.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/volkswagen/2020-volkswagen-id3-ar184437.html
  • This is Model 3 forum. Wanna talk about ID3 take it to the General.
  • Quite clearly the model 3 walks all over this hideously ugly car. In looks, style, performance, value, range, everything. Not a chance I would part with my cash for this thing
  • > @NorthValley said: > Quite clearly the model 3 walks all over this hideously ugly car."

Quite clearly the VW ID4 walks all over the hideously misshapen Model 3.

Now that we have the subjective nonsense out of the way, the ID3 is more a competitor for a non-existent compact Tesla or Xpengs actually shipping G3.
  • edited December 2020
    Hmmm, so do I take it you are blind then? Why did you buy a 'hideously misshapen Model 3". Feeble comeback fishy...make a note for yourself...must do better. As for range, value, performance, these are not subjective, they are real world. The Tesla whips the ID3 and ID4 into the floor...also, as tesla.tap mentioned...good luck with CCS charging! LOL
  • > @NorthValley said: The Tesla whips the ID3 and ID4 into the floor."

Tesla doesn't have a competitor for the compact ID3.

The ID4 is better than Model Y in so many ways. The working ADAS system is top of the list, the HUD, the CCS charger, the seats, the towing, the inline screen, rear auto braking, the practical never freeze lighted door handles.

ID4 is light years ahead of the 2016 design Model 3.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @NorthValley said: The Tesla whips the ID3 and ID4 into the floor."
    >
    > Tesla doesn't have a competitor for the compact ID3.
    >
    > The ID4 is better than Model Y in so many ways. The working ADAS system is top of the list, the HUD, the CCS charger, the seats, the towing, the inline screen, rear auto braking, the practical never freeze lighted door handles.
    >
    > ID4 is light years ahead of the 2016 design Model 3.

You live in an alternate universe Fishy. You cant even buy this car! LOL
  • > @NorthValley said: You cant even buy this car!"

Three years for Tesla to deliver Model 3. The ID4 is four month from deposit to delivery in March 2021. Not a glass house the Teslarati should be rocking.
  • edited December 2020
    That's because VW is desperate! Tesla have such a massive lead over them they are crapping themselves and will throw anything out ASAP to get a toehold! LOL

And again, you cant even buy this car. Deliveries are for middle 2021. I can buy a more advanced 3 or Y today. When people are stuck with CCS charging they will realize they were duped! LOL
  • > @NorthValley said: > That's because VW is desperate."

They have to convert to zero emissions cars just like all other mfgs. and fair to say are leading the pack with ID3, ID4.

Getting great reviews from Nyland to Kyle of OutofSpec.
  • When was id4 designed?
  • “ fair to say are leading the pack with ID3, ID4.”

What pack are they leading?
  • edited December 2020
    > @lbowroom said:
    > “ fair to say are leading the pack with ID3, ID4.”
    >
    > What pack are they leading?

"The pack" only be the group of cars the fish is currently cheerleading for but will eventually turn on for a picayune reasons (like: no rear wheel hairdryer) in favor the next great thing that's only a couple years away.
  • It seems as if Fishy were trying to induce some type of Osborne effect by cheerleading upcoming vehicles and then saying nevermind, I'm gonna pimp another model that doesn't exist.
  • Tries to influence would be buyers to delay or outright not purchase
  • Once again I encourage normal members to write email to [email protected] about FiSHEV misinformation campaign against Tesla. If enough people bring this to their attention we might get rid off him forever. Thank you.
  • Tesla Model 3 Timeline:
    April 2016 - first Alpha prototypes
    Feb 2017 - Beta prototypes(actual test vehicles)
    Jul 2017 - Limited Production starts and first deliveries made

ID.4 Timeline
    2017 Concept vehicle
    2019 Prototype
    End 2020 - EU deliveries start
    1st QTR - US deliveries start

From concept/alpha prototype to first deliveries, Tesla wins. From actual testing prototype to deliveries its a tie.

We will see what the delivery number comparison shows over time.
  • So Ford did a bit better with Alpha/Ship by a year?

Not sure any of that is significant as the dates and designations are arbitrary. Money being the golden rule.

Deposit 2016 delivery 2019 for my Model 3.

Deposit March 2020 delivery March 2021 for the Mustang EV.

VW is saying early 2021 for the VW 4.

Key is going to be ID4 range. Website says 250 estimated but says the AWD "may vary", up (as Tesla's early AWD) or down (as with most AWD vs. RWD/FWD vehicles) is no known. If it goes Tesla route and two smaller motors vs one large on the AWD, the AWD could go 250 or higher. If the same and adding a front motor, it could go down.
  • Deposit time is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the production timeline of a vehicle. Tesla delivered the vehicle in a little over a year from the first physical showing of a vehicle design. VW took over 2 years from the initial concept it was developed from, and 1 year from its prototype. This all goes to show how hateful you are of your "hideous" Model 3 that you bought and can't wait to get rid of but still buy accessories for.
  • So Ford did a bit better with Alpha/Ship by a year?-fish

March 2021 hasn’t happened yet. Your verb tense is wrong.
  • Once again I encourage normal members to write email to [email protected]sla.com about FiSHEV misinformation campaign against Tesla. If enough people bring this to their attention we might get rid off him forever. Thank you.
  • Fish, if I placed a deposit in 2016 and then never bought one, does that mean the car never came out?
  • > @lbowroom said: >If I placed a deposit in 2016 and then never bought one, does that mean the car never came out?"

Telsa logic...you'd have to consult the cult manual on that.
  • It’s your logic Fish. You imply it took Tesla 3 years to fill your order because you didn’t order.
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > It’s your logic Fish. You imply it took Tesla 3 years to fill your order because you didn’t order.

You give him too much credit with the word “logic”