Model Y

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

ordered Model Y that had $2,800 price adjustment

Hi fellow Tesla owners. I am excited to part of Tesla ownership as I placed an order on Model Y (MY) that has $2,800 price adjustment (480km on it, showroom car). However I been reading tesla forums and see that MY is getting some really good upgrades like heated steering wheel. Just wondering how do I know the MY I placed the order for will be able to accommodate for heated steering wheel as this is really good option that will come in handy in Canadian winter. Hope to hear back from you guys. Thank you and wish me luck!! :)

Comments

• The heated steering wheel is not a software based item. There physically needs to be a heating element in the steering wheel.
  • It depends on when it was built. Do you know the last five numbers of the VIN? If the VIN is above around 70,000 you should have all the current upgrades. No additional upgrades have been mentioned in the high 80s and beyond.
  • > @Mitchoacan said:
    > It depends on when it was built. Do you know the last five numbers of the VIN? If the VIN is above around 70,000 you should have all the current upgrades. No additional upgrades have been mentioned in the high 80s and beyond.

This is spotty. Mine is 74xxx and I have laminated front windows and auto dimming side mirrors, but no new metal button steering wheel or the Tesla supplied sentry mode Ian drive. Others with 72xxx have all of it.

More importantly- I read that stating Jan 2021 - new headlights, which are supposed to be much better. I’d wait for that.
  • Thanks a lot for quick reply. MY is 60k vin number without front glass panel upgrade and other hardware upgrade. Now should i save 2800+tax and get this MY or get latest with all upgrades.

2800 can be used towards winter tires and rims. Please let me know. Thanks
  • The problem with waiting is there will always be some sort of new or better add on or change. I picked up my car the end of September, having no clue that 2021 models were about to be released, followed by all the other changes in the last two months. I did the same thing with my 2016 S which I no longer have. Right after I bought it they added air suspension, auto trunk release and a number of other items

I guess what I’m saying is with an almost 3k discount why wait
  • Thanks for reply. I have decided to go with brand new 2021 instead. My area dealers have some in stock with 89k Vin. I think having 2021 will help if i decide to sell and upgrade ever in future.
  • I ordered my MY on 1/9 taking delivery on 1/16 - yes only a week. VIN 85+ should i expect to have a heated steering wheel? I asked the SC when they called to confirm appt and they didn't know.