Cybertruck

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Hummer EV vs Cybertruck

If both were same price
If both had same performance
If both had same range
If both were release the same date

Which one would you choose?

Of course if the 4 premises were not there, everyone would have answered Cybertruck. ;)

Comments

• CyberTruck.
    OTA, Supercharger Network, Self Driving Capability, Experience Making Millions of EVs, Electrical Outlets in the Bed, Air Compressor, Retractable Tonneau Cover, Flip Down Tailgate Ramp, and various features that we haven't even been shown yet. Personally I like the style better as well, but that is a subjective thing.
  • cybertruck

hummer shmummer, it does not have that rollup door bed cover. no ramp in tailgate. no OTA updates. most importantly the hummer has paint. another NO
  • +2 cybertuck
  • +3 on Cybertruck
  • Technical aspects aside, since GM treated me so poorly over a lemon they sold me, and the problems my in-laws had with their products... Cybertruck.
  • +4.5 on Cybertruck
    +0.5 on Hummer

It's a coin flip for me.
  • I pick my old boy "The donkey". Grandson loves to give him warm hugs and not only hugs. But also wash him and ride as well.
  • Seem like everybody agrees on the cybertruck
  • Theoretically, Probably Hummer? 18” wheels on 35’s stock, probably a real frame, hopefully no air suspension or a delete option. I think a better question would be add in Rivian S1, then yes above both.
  • Prolly Rivian R1
  • Well, I voted for my old donkey.
  • Please help your grandkids breathe cleaner air...get electric all the way if money was no matter. If you are a billionaire living in Beijing, China, you still breathe air that has 700+ particulate matter which is like smoking packs and packs of cigarettes a day. People die from that much air pollution. If anybody out there can afford a Tesla, buy it instead of any ICE cars. OK?
  • Apologies for overlooking in previous post and flying over board...I see now that BOTH are evs. Have you considered the charging networks that Tesla has. If you were to move to Europe and later Asia (China or Europe), you can possibly bring over your car and there would not be a problem with charging capabilities.
  • Since my last GM vehicle in 1982 was a piece of crap, I’ll never buy another GM product. We never went on a trip over 200 miles where something didn’t go wrong.

Starting a Cybertruck savings account this year.
  • > @akgolf said:
    > Since my last GM vehicle in 1982 was a piece of crap, I’ll never buy another GM product. We never went on a trip over 200 miles where something didn’t go wrong.
    >
    > Starting a Cybertruck savings account this year.

In form of TSLA stock?
  • @CyberT - There is also a good chance the Cybertruck may have the HEPA filter system like the Model S/X. Gets rid of most of those nasty particulates!

As for moving between countries in any car, it rarely works nowadays. Vehicle regulations are often different, and even charging standards are different. A Tesla made for the USA will not work in Europe or China and it would be difficult and expensive to attempt to covert one to work in another country. Then there are the software issues. You have USA maps, and a USA cellular connection, neither will work in Europe/China. For those moving between countries, it's better to get a car built for the locale.
  • > @declanevan_933130515 said:
    > > @akgolf said:
    > > Since my last GM vehicle in 1982 was a piece of crap, I’ll never buy another GM product. We never went on a trip over 200 miles where something didn’t go wrong.
    > >
    > > Starting a Cybertruck savings account this year.
    >
    > In form of TSLA stock?

Actually when I retired in 2016 I put 30K of my retirement IRA into Tesla. So that parts okay.

I just need to spread the withdrawals from my IRA(not Tesla) over the next 24 months to pay for the truck.
  • Cybertruck over Rivian for sure.

Cybertruck as bullet resistant supercar over blah Hummer.

Not. Even. Close.
  • @samo,

Over blah *(waaaayyy over priced)* hummer
  • ++Cybertruck

After watching what GM did to Saturn (and also the EV1 ) They can hug a dick. I just don't have any confidence in them (or Ford) not to screw this up.

All giant, old, companies that have redundant layers of over-management tend to rule by committee and thereby dilute any good ideas.

Saturn really was a game changer and a (relative) paradigm shift in the industry. They kept messing with it until it was just another typical GM product. And I figure I'm preaching to the choir here, but anyone who hasn't watched the "Who killed the electric car", needs to.
  • hummer is not a pickup. hummer is north of a 100k. hummer is slower than CT both have 35" tires, Ct has more range. more bed more power, better price. better warranty ,
    rivians front end is sooooo ugly I can't even begin to like that truck
    bollinger is slow, no range and the whole truck is butt ugly.
    now the badger if it ever see's the light of day is the best looking truck ( to me) but I don't think it has the power and range so it is a non starter as well
    work horse please refer to bollinger
    Ford EV . ha ha ford sucks period bought a lemon from them. there 6.0 diesel is junk there electronics are shit. and there innovative 2 piece spark plug design on the ice truck was shit. the egr cooler that magically fails at 150000 miles requiring the entire cab to be removed to the tune of 6500 dollars . no fords for me thanks
    Ram crickets chirping. I haven't seen any effort from them . I love my Ram but it can't do what CT does.
    all of them are way behind the curve compared to tesla.

so ya CT
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > cybertruck
    >
    > hummer shmummer, it does not have that rollup door bed cover. no ramp in tailgate. no OTA updates. most importantly the hummer has paint. another NO

Well, Hummer will probably get SOME OTA updates, but only to the Infotainment features. They have already said that the BOLT EV 2022 refresh and Bolt EUV will have that. Still, Cybertruck will get ALL the software updates OTA.
    No OTA performance updates for Hummer.
  • I dont have any confidence in GM's ability to produce good software.