General

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Porsche Taycan Sets Record.. DESTROY's Tesla

Comments

• Yeah. He got laid up for being unable to charge. Another trip requiring the services of Porsche central to keep the car moving.
  • It was an epic trip and really answered all the questions on public fast dc charging and ability to travel. More useful than "stunts" like "cannonball run" even if the Porsche was able to best the Tesla times by a few minutes.

Porsche Taycan Turbo Owner Completes Epic 11,000-Mile Road Trip

https://insideevs.com/news/404931/porsche-taycan-turbo-road-trip/
  • I was doing a longer trip at the time and his was a total PITA by comparison. It harkens back to 2014 travel, before the SC network fill out. Lots of technical struggles for him. Nice guy though He took a side trip to Hawaii, so it was two smaller trips in some people’s minds.
  • > @Bighorn said: > I was doing a longer trip at the time and his was a total PITA by comparison."

Of course you did.

Now back to the reality of the Porsche.

The faster charging speed of the Porsche, 350kW vs. Tesla's 250kW may have had an impact.
  • Car was broken and would not charge without contacting Porsche at each stop. They allowed the car to charge at super normal levels which is very bad for battery longevity. Not what a consumer could or would want to do. Some would say fraud.
  • > @Bighorn said: > You realize nobody has traveled more than I, right?"

You have more miles in Porsche Taycan traveling around North America?

Find that hard to believe.
  • Dumbass
  • Go back to the Ford Mache forum. Oh right, banned there too. So little appreciation for Tesla’s willingness to let you continue your trolling after your two year “sabbatical.”
  • > @Bighorn said: > Car was broken and would not charge without contacting Porsche at each stop."

Sorry to hear your Tesla was broken. Glad the Porsche people were able to help.

The guy doing the 11,000 mile North America trip nor the guys doing the gimmicky Cannonball Run seemed to have the problems you've run into with your Tesla.
  • This somehow means that anyone can go anywhere in the US as easily and conveniently as on the supercharger network?
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @Bighorn said: > Car was broken and would not charge without contacting Porsche at each stop."
    >
    > Sorry to hear your Tesla was broken. Glad the Porsche people were able to help.
    >
    > The guy doing the 11,000 mile North America trip nor the guys doing the gimmicky Cannonball Run seemed to have the problems you've run into with your Tesla.
    >
    >

You’re just going to phone it in today?
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > You’re just going to phone it in today?"

@Bighorn will have to phone in for Tesla help himself.
  • Ban Fish. Enough is enough.
  • Nice. Hopefully there will be more buyers or believers of EVs.
  • > @TranzNDance said:
    > Nice. Hopefully there will be more buyers or believers of EVs.

As long as they're not off-putting because of their shortcomings. Lots of mixed motivation out there with the OEMs. They can't afford to scavenge from the cash cow ICE and pickup truck market. They, legacy auto, have over a Trillion dollars of debt to contend with.
  • Aren't you the same FishEV that constantly berates members for posting off topic?

Anyway, back to Taycan DESTROYING Tesla's time by 45 minutes...
  • This will all be history when the Plaid comes out....
  • I think my 2013 Tesla would beat the Taycan visiting the state capitals in the lower 48.
  • I wouldn’t make that bet. But if so I don’t race anyone from state to state... ever! So what practical difference does more range I don’t need make when determining which is better?
  • I was not talking range or speed. I was referring to availability of fast charging. My electric bill for the trip would be lower too.
  • > @tes-s said:
    > I was not talking range or speed. I was referring to availability of fast charging. My electric bill for the trip would be lower too.

I don’t know if or how much longer that is true with CCS DC Fast charging becoming ubiquitous. I certainly don’t question that for Tesla owners the SuperChargers are a better experience. But that’s not enough to make me decide between cars.
  • Credit where credit is due on this cannonball run. I know there’s criticism for the 160mph bit but they were not doing this for a ton of the trip...these were short stints shortly before charging as a substitute for preconditioning. The internal gps was on the fritz and therefore the car would not precondition which can only happen via proximity to a charger. High speeds would never be a good strategy for evs as they would suck out energy too quickly causing too many charging stops, or worse...running out completely. I’m sure this record will be broken several more times by a Tesla. There probably aren’t that many evs that have attempted it.
  • Don’t forget the cheating at the charger.