General

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Mach E not even out yet but already SUV of the year lol

I guess if you pay upfront that what you get in result. Your thoughts?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/business/mustang-mach-e-suv-of-the-year/index.html

Comments

• I will buy Tesla over Ford any day! Regardless of Trophy or Tax credit. Tesla makes superior vehicle. Also Tesla is made in US while the Ford is Hecho en Mexico.
  • > @TenaciousT said:
    > I will buy Tesla over Ford any day! Regardless of Trophy or Tax credit. Tesla makes superior vehicle. Also Tesla is made in US while the Ford is Hecho en Mexico.

💯 With you on that one.
  • Why would you put a big grill on an EV? Seems kinda old and outdated right from start
  • > @blkice said:
    > Why would you put a big grill on an EV? Seems kinda old and outdated right from start
    >

Old habits die hard.
  • Big grill and fake engine sound
  • I wonder which manufacturer will be first to add fake exhaust pipes?
  • Well, the MachE does have fake engine noises.
  • “Mach E not even out yet but already SUV of the year “

It’s common to see awards like this.
    I believe the Bolt also received something similar.
    Don’t make much of these awards. Look at it this way, it helps promote EV’s!
  • They're automotive journalists. A lot of them, maybe even all of them, spent time with the vehicle. So far every review I've seen they absolutely love it.

Shame a lot of people on here hide behind their lies of wanting evs to succeed. In reality they want tesla and their tsla to succeed. Just look at them try and trash anything that isn't a tesla. Perhaps they need to re read teslas mission a few times.
  • > @PteRoy said:
    > They're automotive journalists. A lot of them, maybe even all of them, spent time with the vehicle. So far every review I've seen they absolutely love it.
    >
    > Shame a lot of people on here hide behind their lies of wanting evs to succeed. In reality they want tesla and their tsla to succeed. Just look at them try and trash anything that isn't a tesla. Perhaps they need to re read teslas mission a few times.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I want Telsa/TSLA to succeed over all other car companies. But there's always room for (distant) 2nd place.
  • The Ford website says no delivery until late summer of 2021.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/

From the above site:

"Preproduction computer-generated image shown.
    Available late summer 2021."
  • Improvements in technology and service is accomplished by fierce competition in the auto industry.

Here's hoping that all auto manufacturers succeed so we as consumers can benefit from their hard work! 🥂🍻
  • > @DRFLGD said:
    > > @PteRoy said:
    >
    > I'm not ashamed to admit that I want Telsa/TSLA to succeed over all other car companies. But there's always room for (distant) 2nd place.

I wish both Tesla and Ford success. We have owned multiple vehicles of both. All our last set of new cars were all Fords. Currently (and probably forever more) are a Tesla household.

My investment ratio is currently 186:1 in favor of Elon. :)
  • > @Ohmster said:
    > > @DRFLGD said:
    > > > @PteRoy said:
    > >
    > > I'm not ashamed to admit that I want Telsa/TSLA to succeed over all other car companies. But there's always room for (distant) 2nd place.
    >
    > I wish both Tesla and Ford success. We have owned multiple vehicles of both. All our last set of new cars were all Fords. Currently (and probably forever more) are a Tesla household.
    >
    > My investment ratio is currently 186:1 in favor of Elon. :)
    >
    >

Never owned a Ford. Drove some in the military but really wasn't a fan of them. But that was many years ago.

I hope Ford is willing to build enough to actually make a difference. I like the look of my model 3 over the Ford. But I like the Ford over the looks of the model y.

Hope it does well so they put more money and effort into other evs. I won't be buying one though.
  • I like the E stang, have owned three, just don’t like a grill on on EV’s nowadays, I’m just not that deep I guess
  • ^Three ice mustangs
  • Just like when Apple invented the great personal computer. Many couldn't break away from Big Blue giving IBM (actually Microsoft and Intel) a chance to play in that huge market as well.
    I agree with @DavidN: That another EV won SUV of the Year, is still a huge WIN for EVs and Tesla's mission in general.
    Made in USA would be an even bigger win but it still a huge win.
    Go Tesla!
    Go Ford!
  • > @PteRoy said:
    > They're automotive journalists. A lot of them, maybe even all of them, spent time with the vehicle. So far every review I've seen they absolutely love it.
    >
    > Shame a lot of people on here hide behind their lies of wanting evs to succeed. In reality they want tesla and their tsla to succeed. Just look at them try and trash anything that isn't a tesla. Perhaps they need to re read teslas mission a few times.

Didn't trash it, I hope it sells well and it is really good car. But... Time will show us real world experience and reviews.
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > > @PteRoy said:
    > > They're automotive journalists. A lot of them, maybe even all of them, spent time with the vehicle. So far every review I've seen they absolutely love it.
    > >
    > > Shame a lot of people on here hide behind their lies of wanting evs to succeed. In reality they want tesla and their tsla to succeed. Just look at them try and trash anything that isn't a tesla. Perhaps they need to re read teslas mission a few times.
    >
    > Didn't trash it, I hope it sells well and it is really good car. But... Time will show us real world experience and reviews.

Was not referring to you directly, sorry if it seemed that way. Was speaking about the the general consensus on this forum that everything not a Tesla is bad.
  • > @PteRoy said:
    I like the look of my model 3 over the Ford. But I like the Ford over the looks of the model y.
    >
    Agreed. Neither the Y or the Mustang are my cup of tea, but the Ford looks better between the two.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > @PteRoy said:
    > I like the look of my model 3 over the Ford. But I like the Ford over the looks of the model y.
    > >
    > Agreed. Neither the Y or the Mustang are my cup of tea, but the Ford looks better between the two.

It's funny I didn't like the look of Y at first but it grew on me.
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > > @PteRoy said:
    > > They're automotive journalists. A lot of them, maybe even all of them, spent time with the vehicle. So far every review I've seen they absolutely love it.
    > >
    > > Shame a lot of people on here hide behind their lies of wanting evs to succeed. In reality they want tesla and their tsla to succeed. Just look at them try and trash anything that isn't a tesla. Perhaps they need to re read teslas mission a few times.
    >
    > Didn't trash it, I hope it sells well and it is really good car. But... Time will show us real world experience and reviews.

Did you check Mach-E forum?
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > > @WW_Icefree said:
    > > > @PteRoy said:
    > > > They're automotive journalists. A lot of them, maybe even all of them, spent time with the vehicle. So far every review I've seen they absolutely love it.
    > > >
    > > > Shame a lot of people on here hide behind their lies of wanting evs to succeed. In reality they want tesla and their tsla to succeed. Just look at them try and trash anything that isn't a tesla. Perhaps they need to re read teslas mission a few times.
    > >
    > > Didn't trash it, I hope it sells well and it is really good car. But... Time will show us real world experience and reviews.
    >
    > Did you check Mach-E forum?

Did you check on your buddy Maxxer over there?
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > > @"yudansha™" said:
    > > > @WW_Icefree said:
    > > > > @PteRoy said:
    > > > > They're automotive journalists. A lot of them, maybe even all of them, spent time with the vehicle. So far every review I've seen they absolutely love it.
    > > > >
    > > > > Shame a lot of people on here hide behind their lies of wanting evs to succeed. In reality they want tesla and their tsla to succeed. Just look at them try and trash anything that isn't a tesla. Perhaps they need to re read teslas mission a few times.
    > > >
    > > > Didn't trash it, I hope it sells well and it is really good car. But... Time will show us real world experience and reviews.
    > >
    > > Did you check Mach-E forum?
    >
    > Did you check on your buddy Maxxer over there?

I see you miss him already. 😉
  • @"yudansha™" , actually I am not.