Model 3

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

New 2021 model 3 issues

Has anyone else had many major issues with their new model 3?

Our model 3 was delivered on 1/9/21. As of the evening four days and less then 300 miles later. The rear park assist sensors are not working. The left headlight is not working. The rear passenger window is stuck partially down. I have had repeated alerts that the usb for sentry mode has come loose. When I plug it back in it feels like the plug in the car is very loose.

I really love this car and have waited a long time to buy one. I am so disappointed in the issues and hope this is not a sign of things to come. I have made two appointments with the service department and hopefully can get the window fixed tomorrow so we can use the car. It’s to cold for my kids to ride with the window open. Hoping we can ironing out these issues and have a better times ahead.

Comments

• make a service appt
  • edited January 13
    Get a ranger over to your home to take a look. Sounds like some/all of this could be fixed right they as not seemingly 'major issues' if annoying ones that hinder your use of the car. Let us know how it went. Please don't be a hit and run poster!
  • Thank you for the encouragement.
    I will let you know what happens.
  • Very unusual to have that many problems on brand new car. You didn't have to make two appointments you can set up everything to be fixed in one visit.
  • Have you read the manual in regards to resetting the windows may save some time
  • Have you updated to latest software? Have you tried resetting the car (holding down both steering wheel buttons for 10 seconds)?
  • I have read the manual and I have also reset the car.
  • I'll just echo what others have said. Make a service appointment.
    Tesla is great but they aren't perfect. In my 14 year experience as a Tesla customer: They have always made things right even if they slip up on occasion.
  • Keep yer chin up. I got mine dec 21. The heater failed once
    Tesla is going to replace the pump and manifold. I have had no other issues. You may be having some bad luck now, but i love my car so much, i recommend you hang in there until these issues are fixed. Good luck.
    Stampee
  • Knock on wood. Took delivery of my Model 3 LR + on December 23, no mechanical problems, paint and panel gaps ok.
  • Thanks for taking the time to actually go through the process and update with a conclusion. So many others leave us all hanging.

Enjoy your new car. It is absolutely amazing. Just over 2 year owner here and still feels like a new car to me especially after having to drive my mom's car around for her. Getting back into my car after that really shows how much better a Tesla is.
  • > @WilliamER said:

> Our model 3 was delivered on 1/9/21. As of the evening four days and less then 300 miles later. The rear park assist sensors are not working. The left headlight is not working. The rear passenger window is stuck partially down."

> I really love this car and have waited a long time to buy one.

Why Tesla owners overlook the service issues.

"Tesla worst for reliability in American driver survey"

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/american-survey-claims-tesla-build-quality-issues/
  • 🤦🏻Can’t let a good report or a joyful owner slide, eh?

OP, yes! I love Tesla service. Always been outstanding for me. SC or mobile tech.
  • > @M3phan said: > Can’t let a good report or a joyful owner slide, eh?"

His post was of problems and disappointment.

> @WilliamER said: > Our model 3 was delivered on 1/9/21. As of the evening four days and less then 300 miles later. The rear park assist sensors are not working. The left headlight is not working. The rear passenger window is stuck partially down. I have had repeated alerts that the usb for sentry mode has come loose. When I plug it back in it feels like the plug in the car is very loose.

> I am so disappointed in the issues and hope this is not a sign of things to come.
  • ....which got happily resolved resulting in satisfaction. Right on!
  • > @M3phan said:> ....which got happily resolved resulting in satisfaction."

So why did you claim new car did not have major disabling problems in first four days with owner disappointed in poor build quality and apprehension about future service issues as he stated?
  • Danger. Dumb Troll detected.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @M3phan said:> ....which got happily resolved resulting in satisfaction."
    >
    > So why did you claim new car did not have major disabling problems in first four days with owner disappointed in poor build quality and apprehension about future service issues as he stated?
    >
    >

Go away troll. You are just upset that a customer got great service, all problems solved and is happy with his car.

Your posturing and lies cant make his happiness go away. You , however, can go away!
  • > @WilliamER said:
    > Update. I got into the service center and they were able to replace the window regulator and a bad parking sensor. The left headlight connection was checked it may have been loose. The headlight functioned well last night. Great service for a last minute appointment. They completed everything in under 2 hours! Great staff to work with. I may love my car more now knowing the kind of service I can expect going forward. Thank you all for your encouragement. This is the first new car I have owned.

Thanks for getting back to us and great to hear you got your problems solved. Rest assured, as many, many other owners will tell you, Tesla have a great SC network and Rangers who come to your home for smaller issues. I have used them a couple of times and have had nothing but great experiences.

As a word of caution, ignore the famous trolls FISHEV and Howard who will do all they can to undermine your great purchase decision. They are paid shills.

Enjoy your vehicle and please come back and post more often!
  • I have been a mechanic for 16 years. I have two ASE master certifications. In my experience a car that does not break does not exist.

The two issues my car had(front parking sensor and window regulator) are not signs of poor build quality but a sign that there are no perfect build processes.

The fact that Tesla took the problem so seriously and resolved it in less than 24 hours only strengthens my resolve to tell anyone that asks my opinion what the best car to purchase now is. A vehicle with far less maintenance required and a much better driving experience. Tesla

Thank you to everyone for the encouragement. I look forward to many happy miles ahead with this model three.

I hold out hope for a more work truck friendly version of the cyber truck. Flat bed with fifth wheel trailer towing capability.
    Maybe mini Tesla semi??
  • FISHEV posts get one like, so there is a second account, his or a companion's.
  • > @hgmichna said:
    > FISHEV posts get one like, so there is a second account, his or a companion's.

Likely his co-worker howard. They tag team all the time.
  • > @NorthValley said:
    > > @hgmichna said:
    > > FISHEV posts get one like, so there is a second account, his or a companion's.
    >
    > Likely his co-worker howard. They tag team all the time.

TMI
  • > @Joshan said:
    > > @NorthValley said:
    > > > @hgmichna said:
    > > > FISHEV posts get one like, so there is a second account, his or a companion's.
    > >
    > > Likely his co-worker howard. They tag team all the time.
    >
    > TMI

LOL