Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

I didnt know you can adjust the Windshield Washers!

Video on how to adjust your windshield washer sprayers.

https://youtu.be/LYm3qBv0Kl4

Comments

• Noticed the video as well a couple of days ago.
    He also has a great video on how to fix the condensation problem in rear lights of M3.
  • The one needs adjustment, the center sprayer can't be adjusted.

Had Tesla look at the "malfunctioning" washers twice when in for other issues and always got the "working as intended" answer which meant...don't work, can't fix.

I'll try moving the nozzle per the video hack tip to see if it can help fix the main problem of not enough washer getting on driver's side.
  • 🥱 never ending claims by world class troll since 2016. Ban him now!
  • > @T_Scheen said: > He also has a great video on how to fix the condensation problem in rear lights of M3."

I'll do that AND the WD40 for the frozen handles and windows.

I just noticed that condensation in light when neighbor with new MY got it back from shop to fix the condensation issue and pointed out I have it in my right side rear lights.
  • @FISHEV - don’t lie to us. You don’t own a Tesla. You bought the Kona EV so you could put your mower in the hatch back. You’re going to replace that with a Mach E in 2023 when they deliver to trolls like you.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > The one needs adjustment, the center sprayer can't be adjusted.
    >
    > Had Tesla look at the "malfunctioning" washers twice when in for other issues and always got the "working as intended" answer which meant...don't work, can't fix.
    >
    > I'll try moving the nozzle per the video hack tip to see if it can help fix the main problem of not enough washer getting on driver's side.

Incredible how your car (if it even exists) has every single issue that any car can ever have! The vast majority of owners have little to no problems. Why don't you just sell it and get yourself a secondhand Tata Nano...you'll be happy with that.
  • @HAL2001 Thanks! I had no idea you could adjust the end sprayers on each wiper! Good to know.
  • So if FishEV hated his M3 as he says, why would he buy the MY?

It smells like BS.
  • > @NorthValley said: >The vast majority of owners have little to no problems.

In the case of the malfunctioning window washers EVERY Model 3 has them, they don’t work very well. Everybody knows that.

I’m going to try and aim the two jets up so they shoot as far ahead of the wiper as possible. His slomo had a nice spray from the center nozzle that I don’t get it but he says that can’t be adjusted.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @NorthValley said: >The vast majority of owners have little to no problems.
    >
    > In the case of the malfunctioning window washers EVERY Model 3 has them, they don’t work very well. Everybody knows that.
    >
    > I’m going to try and aim the two jets up so they shoot as far ahead of the wiper as possible. His slomo had a nice spray from the center nozzle that I don’t get it but he says that can’t be adjusted.

Utter bull! I have never had a problem with my windscreen washers. They don't malfunction. You are just doing what you are paid to do as a shill. We get it.
  • > @NorthValley said:
    > Utter bull! I have never had a problem with my windscreen washers. They don't malfunction. You are just doing what you are paid to do as a shill. We get it.

To be fair FISH has problems with everything, not just wipers. If you know what I mean.
  • > @NorthValley said: > Utter bull! I have never had a problem with my windscreen washers.”

The Model 3 wonky windshield washers are a common topic of complaint on all the Tesla Forums.
  • > @HAL2001 said:
    > Video on how to adjust your windshield washer sprayers.
    >
    > https://youtu.be/LYm3qBv0Kl4

Thanks very useful for a new M3 driver like me and the youtube channel :smile:
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > The one needs adjustment, the center sprayer can't be adjusted.
    >
    > Had Tesla look at the "malfunctioning" washers twice when in for other issues and always got the "working as intended" answer which meant...don't work, can't fix.
    >

If you're having so much trouble, claiming your middle jet doesn't spray as shown in the video, why don't you look up the part number of the middle spray nozzle and replace it/them to see if it changes anything. As an alternative take some slow-mo video of it, so you can see what's happening.

They couldn't cost that much. After all you've claimed you "were required" to make somewhere in the range of $10k worth of aftermarket purchases in order to make you M3 safe. What's another few $$$$$s?
  • edited January 15
    > @gmr6415 said: > If you're having so much trouble, claiming your middle jet doesn't spray as shown in the video"

Because Tesla says mine works "within normal limits"....said it twice on service calls.

Just poor design which is why people are interested in adjusting the washers as much as possible to fix design issue.
  • I found the YouTube video helpful. But it made me realize that my paradigm is based on traditional washer streams which are sprayed from a fixed point under the hood up onto the windshield. I first thought my windshield sprays on my M3 were not working properly because they didn’t look the way I expected them to look. The slow motion video helped me realize this is a completely different design and likely more efficient delivery of washer fluid onto the windshield so I don’t lose as much at high speed.
    Relative to overall reliability of my car for the first 12 months of ownership… My model 3 has been to the service center once for a minor issue while my BMW X5 has been in several times. I still love them both.
    Troll or no troll, found this thread helpful. :-)
  • > @NorthValley said:> Again you go for 'poor design'...nothing wrong with the washers for the vast majority.”

Well the poster was looking for fixes to the poor design.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @NorthValley said:> Again you go for 'poor design'...nothing wrong with the washers for the vast majority.”
    >
    > Well the poster was looking for fixes to the poor design.
    >
    More lies! The original poster was showing a video of how to ADJUST the washers. The video does not mention anything about poor design! They adjust exactly the way many washers are adjusted, with a pin to move the spray head around. This was an informative video and you are trying to turn it into another 'poor design' lie! You really are scummy.
  • > @NorthValley said: The original poster was showing a video of how to ADJUST the washers.”

Yes because he wanted to get better window washer coverage which is true for all Model 3 owners.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @NorthValley said: The original poster was showing a video of how to ADJUST the washers.”
    >
    > Yes because he wanted to get better window washer coverage which is true for all Model 3 owners.
    >
    I’ve never had any complaints about my windshield wiper spray pattern. I had complaints about how the auto wipers detected rain when I first got my 2019, but they fixed that when they released the NN WWs, and now they work great. I think you’re exaggerating about the wiper complaints on forums.
    > @WW_Icefree said:
    > Ban FishEV admins! Hit like if you support it.
  • > @AmokTime said: I think you’re exaggerating about the wiper complaints on forums."

This post and video link would seem to contradict that. The video narrative also notes it was in response to common complaint about poor functionality of washers.
  • Are you happy with the wiper performance on your car Fish? No need to quote or speak for anyone else. No need to use the words “would seem to” either.
  • > @lbowroom said: > Are you happy with the wiper performance on your car"

Washers are a problem. Poor design doesn't put washer fluid on the window so poor results.