Solar Panels

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Tesla port forwarding?

My app is still not showing the kW output so Tesla told me to put 2013 my router's port forwarding option. They told me it could take up to 24-48 hrs but the app isn't not showing any kW output. Anyone had a same issue like this? I guess I need to call tech support again.

Comments

• I have the same problem. My system was activated Jan 4th, and I had no output or production graph. After they activated the gateway, i got production graphs but no output. At first they told me to wait 24 hrs, which I did, and called back the next day. I found someone in Tech support who told me to do the Port Forwarding process assigning port 2013, which I did. Later that day, I saw my output flash on intermittently. i am lucky if I see it once per day. Another tech support person also told me they have not figured out how to make it compatible with all modems. I have AT&T Fiber service. I will call back this week to see if i can find someone who can help me figure it out. Let us know if you have any luck. I will post if I do as well.
  • > @ccmbills22_98511157 said:
    > I have the same problem. My system was activated Jan 4th, and I had no output or production graph. After they activated the gateway, i got production graphs but no output. At first they told me to wait 24 hrs, which I did, and called back the next day. I found someone in Tech support who told me to do the Port Forwarding process assigning port 2013, which I did. Later that day, I saw my output flash on intermittently. i am lucky if I see it once per day. Another tech support person also told me they have not figured out how to make it compatible with all modems. I have AT&T Fiber service. I will call back this week to see if i can find someone who can help me figure it out. Let us know if you have any luck. I will post if I do as well.

I just got email from Tesla tech stating they are looking into this and get back with a response. I have Cox cable and am using TP-Link mesh network. I'll post new info once I get an update from Tesla tech.
  • I am having intermittent, dropouts of my powerflow where no production/output are shown. I have ATT fiber and TP-Link mesh. I wonder if there's a link between our internet setup.
  • I just got email from Tesla.

"Please put the Gateway device in your router's DMZ"

I told them my TPLink mesh router do not have DMZ and sent my port forwarding configuration.

I don't have a separate router to test this but if you do, try above and let me know if it works.

Thanks
  • If you have an ISP modem/router that feeds your mesh network, you might try enabling it's WiFi, and connect your TEG to that. I recommend using MAC address filtering (only allowing the TEG to connect), as well as a very robust set of login credentials. That's what I did, to eliminate needing to deal with any port-forwarding issues.
  • Got it working!! People without PowerWalls or a Power Baster.
    AT&T Internet: Fresno CA
    Brand Modem: ARRIS
    Model Number: BGW210-700
    Go into http://192.168.1.254 for this type of Modem.
    Click onto Firewall tab
    Then click on Packet Filter tab
    Under Packet Filter Rules
    Pass packets that match:
    Add Match: IP Version of "BothIPv4AndIPv6"
    Add Match: Protocol of "TCP"
    Add Match: Destination MAC Address of " 00:34:48:07:5a:08"
    (Destination MAC Address of) This should be Tesla ETHERNET MAC address from there little black square box you get without installing PowerWalls or a Power Baster inside your electrical box."
    Hope this helps my Tesla brothers and sisters.
    A'ho All My Relations
  • Got it working!! People without PowerWalls or a Power Blaster.
    Click onto Firewall tab
    Pass packets that match:
    (Destination MAC Address of) This should be Tesla ETHERNET MAC address from there little black square box you get without installing PowerWalls or a Power Blaster inside your electrical box."
    A'ho All My Relations
  • Got it working!! People without PowerWalls or a Power Blaster.
    Click onto Firewall tab
    Pass packets that match:
    (Destination MAC Address of) This should be Tesla ETHERNET MAC address from there little black square box you get without installing PowerWalls or a Power Blaster inside your electrical box."
    Then wait for 2 - 3 days and it work for me

A'ho All My Relations
  • > @MurFaZoid said:
    > Got it working!! People without PowerWalls or a Power Blaster.

Ok...what did you get working ? The full enhanced view that the Power Blaster produces? Or just the output and total production graph?
  • The only way to get home consumption data in the Tesla app is with a PowerBlaster or Powerwalls, and their CTs on the utility feed. I'm unsure what MurFaZoid is discussing as well.
  • The full enhanced view that the Power Blaster produces?
    No, you need the Power Blaster. There other device's that do the same thing as the Power Blaster. You can buy those online.

Just the output and total production graph?
    Yes, just the output and the total production graph shows up no matter what. You don't need to do the options that I provided to get that info.
  • Just to be clear: The other devices that can be found online suffer from the same limitations as the Powerblaster, and won't report through the Tesla app.