Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Speaking up helps!! Thank you Tesla - Bigger Fonts are Back!!!

Glad to see that didn't take long.

Speaking up helps. Tesla listened to all the complaints about the tiny fonts and with a few weeks they are fixed.

Thank you. Those that wear glass will really thank you!!

Comments

• Solitaire added too!
  • Hopfully speaking up about the mcu2 upgrade corrects some issues.

Solitaire was there since the last upgrade
  • 2020.48.35 has fixed the font issue. The font for the clock, gears and battery are about 5mm tall, nice quite as big as the trip/odometer numbers. Thanks Tesla.
  • Looks like Sam finally fixed it.
  • > @"jfemd.va.us" said:
    > 2020.48.35 has fixed the font issue. The font for the clock, gears and battery are about 5mm tall, nice quite as big as the trip/odometer numbers. Thanks Tesla.

What about the speed display font?
  • Yes, the speed display is enlarged also.
  • Only three threads going on this right now. Anyone want to start another?
  • Wait, I just found a fourth one. Do I hear five?
  • Not counting the ones on the other forums...
  • Tribal communities also thought their ritualistic dances caused the sun to rise the next day😂
  • And the fans make the difference when Brady hits the deep receiver.
  • It’s kind of adorable, though.
  • > @2015P90DI said:
    > Glad to see that didn't take long.
    >
    > Speaking up helps. Tesla listened to all the complaints about the tiny fonts and with a few weeks they are fixed.
    >
    > Thank you. Those that wear glass will really thank you!!

I'm betting that I am not alone in finding the fonts still too tiny for many drivers, myself included, even after the "fix" in 2020.48.35. The ideal solution would be more flexibility in letting the driver specify a font size, perhaps with "small" (current), "medium," and "large" choices, properly vetted for safe GUI design. I would apply that to the MCU display as well as the instrument cluster display.
  • Also, the rain dance always worked. Even if they had to dance for days or weeks, until it started to rain
  • > @rodgers_98097321 said:
    > I'm betting that I am not alone in finding the fonts still too tiny for many drivers, myself included, even after the "fix" in 2020.48.35.

I held off until 2020.48.35 due to the reports about the font being too small in the two preceding updates. I'm satisfied with 2020.48.35, and I'm old and need glasses.
  • 80+% of the 85 model S still on 2020.48.12 per Teslafi.

I see no reason to stress my MCU1 by updating...
  • > @Aerodyne said:
    > 80+% of the 85 model S still on 2020.48.12 per Teslafi.
    >
    > I see no reason to stress my MCU1 by updating...

Or you can pay up 1.5 k and upgrade already.