Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

I didnt know you can adjust the Windshield Washers!

Comments

• https://www.google.com/search?q=subaru+outback+windshield+wiper+problem&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

You make a million of anything and something is going to break.
  • Not to mention that 4 out of 5 of those owners cited were unaware that there was a washer fluid reservoir that required filling.
  • > @jallred said:> You make a million of anything and something is going to break. “

There’s nothing “broken” about Tesla washers, just a poor design for which owners are looking for a work around as this thread.
  • “There’s nothing “broken” about Tesla washers”-fishev

Good to hear.
  • LOL. What a maroon!!!
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @jallred said:> You make a million of anything and something is going to break. “
    >
    > There’s nothing “broken” about Tesla washers, just a poor design for which owners are looking for a work around as this thread.
    >
    >

A workaround? You mean the same workaround that ALL car washers with nozzles have? Adjusting the spray? That workaround? As shown in the video the OP put up? That one?

You are suggesting the entire automobile industry has faulty washer nozzles, because Tesla uses exactly the same system. In fact, Tesla's is even better because it cleans great while using less water which is better for the environment! Tesla is a win-win!

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!
  • So funny. I traded in my 1999 cavalier with washer built into the blade arm when i picked up the model 3 dec 2020,Humm...in this case it is not a NEW design from tesla.
    Actually the cavaliers washer worked a lot better.
    Stampee
  • edited January 29
    > @NorthValley said: > You are suggesting the entire automobile industry has faulty washer nozzles, because Tesla uses exactly the same system."

Nope. Noting, per this topic, that Tesla's washers function poorly. Water goes onto blade and not onto windshield and most of the water is wasted never getting on the windshield.

Much better washer systems out there.
  • Gosh, you are annoying asf.
  • > @Stampee said:
    > So funny. I traded in my 1999 cavalier with washer built into the blade arm when i picked up the model 3 dec 2020,Humm...in this case it is not a NEW design from tesla.
    > Actually the cavaliers washer worked a lot better.
    > Stampee
    >
    Tesla washers wash and clean the screen perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with them.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @ODWms said: It’s a unique design — like so much on Tesla cars — but one that works very well, with no water waste."
    >
    > Job is to get windshield wet to clean it not "save water". It does a poor job of that and the pointlessly odd design is constant topic among owners on "how to fix"...this post is an example.
    >
    Never a problem with my windshield wipers cleaning the windows. Does not do a poor job.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @jallred said:> You make a million of anything and something is going to break. “
    >
    > There’s nothing “broken” about Tesla washers, just a poor design for which owners are looking for a work around as this thread.
    >
    Not a poor design. They work fine for me on both of my M3s. No “work arounds” needed.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @NorthValley said: > You are suggesting the entire automobile industry has faulty washer nozzles, because Tesla uses exactly the same system."
    >
    > Nope. Noting, per this topic, that Tesla's washers function poorly. Water goes onto blade and not onto windshield and most of the water is wasted never getting on the windshield.
    >
    > Much better washer systems out there.

Again, no. The washers work fine on both my M3s. No poor operation here.
  • > @AmokTime said: > Not a poor design. They work fine for me on both of my M3s."

There's no doubt it is a poor design as complaints about the quirky washers not doing the job are common and if one is objective, one sees the poor results all the time.

Tesla system might get 20% of the washer fluid on the windshield, the rest is flung off the washer without ever touching the glass.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @NorthValley said: >The vast majority of owners have little to no problems.
    >
    > In the case of the malfunctioning window washers EVERY Model 3 has them, they don’t work very well. Everybody knows that.
    >
    > I’m going to try and aim the two jets up so they shoot as far ahead of the wiper as possible. His slomo had a nice spray from the center nozzle that I don’t get it but he says that can’t be adjusted.

It would probably save you a lot of time and everyone else here a lot of headaches if you just stuck to posting things you like about tesla? And if you do that, we can all say good bye to you here because you won't be posting anymore
  • edited January 30
    > @kneught said: > It would probably save you a lot of time and everyone else here a lot of headaches if you just stuck to posting things you like about tesla?

Such a car forum would be devoid of useful posts and information which is what happened to Tesla Forum as it let a small group delete other owner posts and comments so that we had "Only good news in here, Famula" fantasy world.

Teslas stomped the fabois bigtime a few months ago due to @raqball's due diligence and eliminated the fanbois ability to edit by deleting the forum posts and comments. Now the forum sees more owner questions about issues they have with the car and answers what a car mfg forum is supposed to do.

This topic is a good example. People have issues with the window washers and are looking for a fix.
  • And you can make your car do fart noises while you're adjusting those wipers.
  • > @in7_98388832 said:
    > And you can make your car do fart noises while you're adjusting those wipers.

That's just Tesla's response to owners looking for good window washers.
  • First: Public Service Announcement:
    FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user
    names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please
    take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may
    suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt
    about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.
    Second: I'm driving a 2018 M3 LR RWD with those windshield wipers.
    To all of you out there: They work fine. The spray hits the windshield and stuff gets cleaned off. When it's misty outside, they wipe slowly. When it's a downpour, they wipe fast. As of this year, I have, seriously, no problems with the windshield wipers. I leave them on auto.
    Now, if you ask about how they worked in 2018: 90% of the time, they were fine. Were there glitches _back_ _then_? Yes. Sometimes they wouldn't start, especially when one was starting to drive. Other times it would rain, lightly, and they wouldn't go fast enough.
    Multiple software releases occurred through 2018, 2019, and, maybe, into the first quarter of 2020. Each one improved the wipers auto functionality.
    So, info: Back during one of the updates, Tesla's release notes stated that if the wipers weren't running right, hit the button at the end of the left stalk. A bunch of us on the forum at the time noted that, if one kept on doing that, the overall functionality of the wipers improved over time - without necessarily a software update. I did it, maybe, a half-dozen or dozen times.
    So, if your wipers aren't autoing the way you like, hit the button. It tends to fix things.
    But I'd like to think that for the majority of us the Wipers Work Fine.
    As for FISH: He's just dishing about and lying about Tesla Because He Can.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @kneught said: > It would probably save you a lot of time and everyone else here a lot of headaches if you just stuck to posting things you like about tesla?
    >
    > Such a car forum would be devoid of useful posts and information which is what happened to Tesla Forum as it let a small group delete other owner posts and comments so that we had "Only good news in here, Famula" fantasy world.
    >
    > Teslas stomped the fabois bigtime a few months ago due to @raqball's due diligence and eliminated the fanbois ability to edit by deleting the forum posts and comments. Now the forum sees more owner questions about issues they have with the car and answers what a car mfg forum is supposed to do.
    >
    > This topic is a good example. People have issues with the window washers and are looking for a fix.
    >
    >

Wooooosh

My comment/joke went right over your head
  • The adjustment hint was useful for me. Washing worked fine, except that the water did not quite reach the outer edge on the wiper away from the driver side.

I adjusted it a little bit—problem solved. If you want to call this a problem.

Adjusting is a little bit tricky. The ideal tool would be a stiff wire about as thick as the hole. I didn't have that, so I had to experiment a bit. But that is the same with all cars. I have never had a car where I didn't adjust the washer jets.

The Tesla design is much easier to adjust than the fixed jets on other cars, because the direction is much less critical. You only have to be roughly right.

FISHEV, of course, writes his usual nonsense.
  • Fish:
    “Tesla system might get 20% of the washer fluid on the windshield, the rest is flung off the washer without ever touching the glass.”

Your lies, much like your asininity, know no bounds.
  • edited January 30
    > @Tronguy said: Fish has played silly buggers: No, I own a Suburu. No, I own a Tesla. No, I own this car, No, I own that car, I have to use Superchargers, no, I use a charging station in the parking lot, no, they won't let me put one in there because there's some kind of weird federal land around, etc., etc.,

LOL

No, my Tesla is unsafe. No, I won’t stop driving it, even though it actively tries to kill me, until May because I want a government kickback. No, Elon Musk isn’t a good businessman, he just profits from government kickbacks. No, power = energy = speed = percent. No, my car has a 48kW battery preconditioning heater. No, I don’t like having a single screen in the center of a car which lacks abundant physical buttons, and uses Tesla’s charger; that’s why I preordered a car that ticks every box, an Aptera which has a single screen in he center, lacks abundant physical buttons, and uses Tesla’s charger.