Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

It's Time to Build Your Model S

Comments

• edited November -1
    Leo;
    You're the highest, so far!
    Can't just add that to the Sigs etc. to project, of course, as the 40/60 reservation orders are not yet coming out -- I think! If anyone not a 85kWh option gets the email, please post here urgently!!

:)
  • edited November -1
    I got my email today and my design is for the 60kWh version. P2198.
  • edited November -1
    P2452 order, guess it doesn't matter now that 3000+ are contacted! Dec-Jan delivery
  • edited November -1
    @dubaty;
    So, 3 months from now (mid-Nov.) either all the 85kWh models will have been completed & mostly delivered, or will be tailing off so much that lots of spare capacity is available. Excellent news!
  • edited November -1
    Don't have my confirmed delivery date, but mine is a 60 kWh pack, so we'll see what they come back with.
  • edited November -1
    P2821 contacted today (looks like they did a big chunk today from the above posts).

In the middle of a kitchen remodel and will likely "defer", though it sounds like that just means "let Tesla keep my money until I make up my mind".

Crazy to think that after waiting more than 2 years, my decision is going to have to be to wait some more. Oh well, it'll be here soon enough.
  • edited November -1
    Maestrokneer;
    I think you can just sit on it, and at the end of the first month, your delivery date "walks" one day per day. So you don't have to formally defer 6 mo.
  • edited November -1
    My Garage doesn't show an estimated delivery time, however the purchase order contract states 11/2012. By the way, I like that on the contract Tesla put the local showroom address - to get our State rebate (IL), you have to prove that the car was sold to you by an IL dealer, so this does the trick. Assuming there are IL AFV rebate $$ available in the State coffers in Nov. (not a guaranteed thing), I'll apply for the state rebate right away. It's $4k and typically takes about 3-6 months to come through.

On another (off topic) note, in another post it was mentioned the vanity plate that will be ordered. I'm sticking with the specialty EV plates here in IL. For $17.50/year, you can get EV plates that will say 'EL XXX' (or something like that). Normal plates are $99/year and vanity plates are more. Just thought I would take advantage of another EV incentive!
  • edited November -1
    elec;
    what do you guesstimate will replace that XXX in your case?
  • edited November -1
    #2635 just received my email today. For Dec-Jan delivery.
  • edited November -1
    P2689 Just got our email today. YEAH! Cannot wait!
  • edited November -1
    Look's like you are (us citizen) in front of the Signature order in Canada. I'm S141 and still waiting....... I can't wait to finaly test one and know when mine will arrive....
  • edited November -1
    P3139. I received my "time to build" email yesterday. Do you get an estimated delivery date after you submit your build preferences?
  • edited November -1
    @[email protected].com: yes you do get an estimated delivery date.
  • edited November -1
    #2982 configured late last night. Dec/Jan delivery date. hoping for a xmas present. and power company finally signed off on our solarcity panels yesterday as well, so they were turned on for first time. so was a great day indeed!!
  • edited November -1
    hbh & Capt;
    Are you both Bigs? Or Mids or Smalls?
    The delivery date will vary with size, I think, up till the end of the year or so. About then the streams will be "blended"
  • edited November -1
    @Brian H
    I am P2359, ordered a 60kWh and my estimated delivery dates were also Dec/Jan
  • edited November -1
    Liz;
    To judge from some of the tears and howling after release of Cdn. pricing, your position in line may benefit a tetch or three from cancellations!
  • edited November -1
    [email protected];

I am also a Canadian signature holder (#132) waiting for the "it's time" email and called my ownership experience advocate to ask about ETa's and such. He confirmed to me that all of the Signatures would be made in the same "batch" with the first 1000ish units going to the US and the next 200ish going to Canada. Even though US production holders are booking their configurations, we will still get them fairly quickly.
  • edited November -1
    I believe that TM is awaiting Canadian certification of the model S.
  • edited November -1
    I've been told by a reliable source that the certification of the Model S should happen in September and would not hold up deliveries to Canadian Signature reservation holders.

Given that he was accurate on the announcement of the Canadian pricing I have to believe him! ;-)

I VERY glad to hear that someone else has been told that the Canadian Signatures will follow immediately after the U.S. Signs. ... as it should be!

I'm a Canadian Signature holder (#77) and would really like to get my Model S before the snow falls!
  • edited November -1
    I just checked my MVPA and my estimated delivery date now says Nov 2012 - Dec 2012! When I locked in my configuration, it said Sept. 2012. I'm S620. This is not a good sign that things are on schedule or that Tesla will deliver anywhere near 5,000 cars this year.
  • edited November -1
    @peter Spirgel
    Not a good sign at all. Are you able to contact TM and ask why the delay?
  • edited November -1
    TM said 500 Model S will be produced by the end of September. 42 Founders, 244 SSL and 619 Sigs in front of you. That's 905 in front of you. November seems to be off the pace.
  • edited November -1
    As I posted in another thread, Tesla rep told me today that they plan on delivering all (US?) Sigs by end of October. That would mean at least another 500 for October, same as September.