This is my letter to Tesla formally, and humbly of course, offering up the services of myself and my family as testers. I know you probably have a preset number of cars planning to be built, but I can offer the following advantages:
1) I'm on the Signature reservation list as S-51
2) I live in Canada, so the winters are harsh, and there is tons of salt on the road.
3) I have a wife, 3 kids and a Golden Retriever dog. The car will be full and used lots.
4) My wife and kids are VERY good at breaking things.
If there are any problems with the car, they WILL find them all, guaranteed.
5) My wife and kids have zero patience, for anything. The kids got it from my wife :)
If something does not work quickly and smoothly, you'll hear about it.
6) I live 78kms from work, so it will be driven long distances on super highways and city streets.
7) I live 75kms from the Tesla Store in downtown Toronto, so any service calls can be tested out too.
8) I live in the Greater Toronto Area (pop +6million), so every bad road and crazy driver condition you can possibly think of will be tested, daily.
9) My 1999 commuter car, a Honda Civic, is starting to die and I needed it to last until my signature is delivered. I'm highly motivated.
10) I promise to do my very best to test it every day and push it to its limits, if that is what you need me to do.
11) Every weekend my family travels 118kms each way to our cottage in an isolated area in Central Ontario over gravel roads and other various hazards. It will make for good testing.
12) I'm in total love with the Model S car and the company. My 8yr old son still plays with the RC roadster, which I've fixed 3 times, as he broke it.
13) We will be sworn to secrecy.
14) While driving it around an area of over 6 million people, I'll act in the highest regard of decorum and respect. My family and I will be ambassadors for the car and the Tesla brand. Millions of people will see it and that has got to be good for prospective sales too.
Feel free to ask me any questions you want.
I respectfully await your call.