Forums

Took home delivery today from Fremont

Took home delivery today from Fremont

Well, that was different. I was financing through a CU, we were waiting for a contract before funding, My ISA, who was very good, let me know that contracts were quite the bottleneck right now. She said hang in there, as they'll do everything they can to get it right.
I finally got the contract by 11am, but the numbers were off by a few thousand dollars, so we had to work some magic around that. My delivery was scheduled for noon, and I soon got a call asking if I could take delivery earlier as they were strained for time. I asked for the latest possible time and they said they could do 2pm.
The contract was finally done by 1pm and I was ready to go - almost - The CU had a computer server malfunction and my loan wasn't going through.
The lady who was to deliver my 3 was in contact and was itching to get on the road. I was able to see my car in the app and noticed that I was only 50% charged so I asked her if she could supercharge it first. That bought me 20 min. My loan officer figured out a backdoor solution and finally cut my check.
The lady was on the road and 20 min from my home. I had my check in hand and was able to beat her to my house by 5 min!
Oh, the car was perfect and I couldn't be happier! Everything is working as it should so far. 3 mi on the Odometer before she drove to my home.
Black, 18" Aeros EAP, FSD, 39xxx, Firmware 24.7, June build
Reserved 4/1/16 ordered 6/28, ISA contact 7/18, Vin issued 7/23, Delivered 7/25 (Home Delivery 20mi from Fremont)

wiboater4 | 26 July, 2018

Congratulations on your new car glad they were able to overcome the computer glitch at the Credit Union.

Magic 8 Ball | 26 July, 2018

Congrats!

M3NOICE | 26 July, 2018

Wow... What a roller coaster! Nice that your CU stuck with you to get it done. Enjoy!

SteveWin1 | 26 July, 2018

How did you have someone else pick it up for you? That's possible? My page says that I'll personally have to be there at pickup.

Clyffe3 | 26 July, 2018

Thanks - Just woke up to my first firmware update: 24:8.2
@Steve - I was there, I just made it in time. You are correct, all parties on the registration must be present.

Clyffe3 | 26 July, 2018

WiFi is now working. Very cool!

jpyang | 26 July, 2018

Congrats!
Which Credit Union & how is the rate?