Forums

Debunking UBS BS Great video doing Math

Debunking UBS BS Great video doing Math

Mike83 | 23 August, 2018

UBS should be embarrassed along with media using this report with so many errors it wouldn't pass a grade school.

Tesla-David | 23 August, 2018

Wow, thanks @Mike83, unbelievable, and beyond disgusting. UBS FUD on Tesla is absolutely irresponsible and the worst kind of lies and FUD, and the other journalist who pass this on as fact should all be boycotted. Makes me even more convinced going private is the way to go as "Hyper Change" notes in his rant.

blue adept | 24 August, 2018

Deliberately conflating the numbers from different metrics to fabricate the perception of losses is as deceitfully detestable as it is contemptible.

Alas, just more 'shorts' revealing themselves...just another name to add to the list for future reference.

Clearly the desperation has reached fever pitch.

DonS | 24 August, 2018

Guess on labor costs + Guess on materials costs + Guess on capital allocated per vehicle = Precise UBS Analysis

@DonS

lol!

Sounds like typical e-coin speculation tactics.

+1

Mike83 | 24 August, 2018

I really can't understand how anyone can take these guys serious anymore. The loss of credibility is astonishing. I am buying more stock and hope we can go Private soon.

carlk | 24 August, 2018

You know what the problem is? The USB guy got interviewed and quoted everywhere on the media but the debunk is nowhere to be seen. No "journalist" even cares of that. Who wants to click the headline of "Everything is fine at Tesla."?

Mike83 | 24 August, 2018

I guess saying is don't invest using the news is truer than ever.

Tesla-David | 24 August, 2018

I generally follow my instincts, an they told me to invest in both Google and Tesla at IPO. Both investments have stood up over time and I just ignore the naysayers and FUDsters.

The UBS shame article needs to be corrected. Looks like they are also behind the effort to quiet Munro by threatening him with legal action if he continues to talk about the M3 30 percent profitability.

https://insideevs.com/breaking-munro-sued-tesla-model-3-teardown/
https://electrek.co/2018/07/16/tesla-model-3-teardown-profitability/

TeslaTap.com | 24 August, 2018

Seems like UBS could save a lot of money by not hiring companies like Munro to do a breakdown. Since they seem excellent at just making up numbers to suit their hidden objectives, why waste money on actual facts?

NKYTA | 24 August, 2018

Sounds closer to the Drake Equation. Even Feynman was confused.

How many variables do you want to play with today...

Mike83 | 25 August, 2018
TeslaTap.com | 25 August, 2018

@Mike - very unlikely SEC would look into anything Wall street does, considering most of its senior staff comes directly from Wall street. It seems the only investigations that are done may be at the behest of shorters and Wall street, where it makes them more money.

Mike83 | 26 August, 2018

Maybe Mueller should investigate these hedge funds that spew BS to make money shorting when he's done with the other crimes.

MyModelY | 26 August, 2018

Why doesn't UBS disclose that it is massively shorting TSLA?
Puts:
$446M in June
$402M in March
$682M last December
$534M September
$326M June
$501M March...
fintel.io/soh/us/tsla/ubs
UBS needs Tesla to fail.

TeslaTap.com | 26 August, 2018

And Tesla shareholders would be happy if UBS fails. Seems UBS attracts lawsuits like flies, but often get off. Shows what the best lawyers money can buy do for you.

Mike83 | 27 August, 2018

UBS leaves a very taste in my mouth. Progress without these low life would be much faster.

Mike83 | 4 September, 2018

edit. Not a good taste, a bad taste.
Along with Bus. insider we have a boiler room joined by GS. You would thing they might like America success stories?

Mike83 | 19 September, 2018

bump

PrescottRichard | 19 September, 2018

Huh, I know how to pick ‘em. Been an Apple fan for years, just bought a 2013 S P85 and judging by what I have seen on this board (not just this post) Tesla has the same problem Apple does. Either the press & Wall Street doesn’t get them or they are actively campaigning against them because Apple & Tesla disrupt the status quo.

Or maybe I’m becoming an elitist?

Huh, I know how to pick ‘em. Been an Apple fan for years, just bought a 2013 S P85 and judging by what I have seen on this board (not just this post) Tesla has the same problem Apple does. Either the press & Wall Street doesn’t get them or they are actively campaigning against them because Apple & Tesla disrupt the status quo.

Or maybe I’m becoming an elitist?

reed_lewis | 19 September, 2018

Except Apple seems to be a Wall Street darling now.

Dammit. Hit the button twice.

However, when you repeat something it becomes the truth, right?

Yodrak. | 19 September, 2018

"Tesla has the same problem Apple does."
"Except Apple seems to be a Wall Street darling now."

Apple has a large profit margin on its projects and has accumulated a huge pile of cash. Tesla's problem isn't the press and Wall Street, Tesla's problem is that it needs to become profitable before its core group of investors run out of patience and confidence.

Yodrak. | 19 September, 2018

products, not projects.