Forums

Free Supercharging Promos?

Free Supercharging Promos?

Good evening everyone,

I know that free supercharging ended yesterday, but I did have a thought today. Does anyone think that Tesla will offer deals throughout the year (for example, holiday specials) as a buying incentive?

I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts!

Best,
Mo

Yodrak. | 19 September, 2018

"I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts!"

I look forward to hearing Tesla's thoughts.

EVRider | 20 September, 2018

I’m hoping that Tesla offers both free supercharging and early lease termination to drive Q4 sales, but I’m not counting on the free supercharging.

jimglas | 20 September, 2018

I think free supercharging is over forever. Except maybe for roadster 2.0?

JustSaying | 20 September, 2018

"I think free supercharging is over forever. Except maybe for roadster 2.0?"
Agreed, doing away with it will have a positive impact on gross margins as they will not have to account for a portion of a cars sale price to "prepaid supercharging" which has to be WAG number and knowing accountants on the conservative side.

EVRider | 21 September, 2018

Although I’m not counting on it, it wouldn’t surprise me if Tesla temporarily offered free supercharging later in Q4 to drive Q4 sales.

reed_lewis | 21 September, 2018

Considering that Tesla has never had a demand issue, I would doubt that they will ever bring back unlimited super charging.

PrescottRichard | 21 September, 2018

I’m sure Lexus, Audi, BMW or MB will offer free gas for life, then maybe Tesla will do it again.

stevenmaifert | 21 September, 2018

The most recent iterations of free Supercharging have been directed at promoting sales. With such a large backlog of demand for the M3, I wouldn't expect to see anything there for the foreseeable future, but should Tesla experience a slump in MS/X sales, I think they will offer it up again in some form. We've seen this movie before.

EVRider | 21 September, 2018
stevenmaifert | 21 September, 2018

Didn't think they would re-run the movie so soon, but when you batch produce instead of produce to order, you run the risk of a lot of unsold inventory sitting around.

SUN 2 DRV | 22 September, 2018

Those cars might have even been produced with a particular customer in mind, but the logistics at the end of a quarter might dictate that they quickly find a NEARBY customer who can be motivated by Free Supercharging to move quickly, rather than try to coordinate delivery through several layers of distribution.

Just send a trainful of cars to a distribution center and THEN try to find matching customers.

So I don't think this reflects on Demand as much as it does on Delivery Logistics.

stevenmaifert | 22 September, 2018

So you live on the East coast and have been breathlessly waiting on your M3. You've paid your deposit and ordered your car. You might even have a VIN assigned only to have the car diverted to an inventory local CA sale to boost Tesla's quarterly sales and profit. Can you imagine Tesla's PR nightmare if they were really doing that and it got out.

Go look in the Model 3 forum... the symptoms are already there...

I think Tesla is learning that at the end of the quarter it's faster and easier to find people where the cars are located, rather than try to bring each car to where the people are located.

jordanrichard | 23 September, 2018

Blame Wall Street for all of this.

SUN 2 DRV | 23 September, 2018

"Blame Wall Street for all of this."

Very true, but Tesla does need the cash flow too...

ray_elektrick | 23 September, 2018

I'm bummed. I placed order 9/5/18 for the Performance 3 partly because of the FREE supercharging. I'm only 5 mins away from the factory. Had I known about the discontinuation, I'd likely drop to the AWD and upgrade it to save some dollars. Hoping Tesla is listening and makes good on their word.

ST70 | 23 September, 2018

@ray_elektrick- you'll get free supercharging

mazenfakhrfakhr | 23 September, 2018

So you live on the East coast and have been breathlessly waiting on your M3. You've paid your deposit and ordered your car. You might even have a VIN assigned only to have the car diverted to an inventory local CA sale to boost Tesla's quarterly sales and profit.

NKYTA | 23 September, 2018

@ray, Huh?

If you bought and paid for a P3AWD in the timeframe you’ll have it.

mazenfakhrfakhr | 26 September, 2018

You might even have a VIN assigned only to have the car diverted to an inventory local CA sale to boost Tesla's quarterly sales and profit. https://fetlife.vip/ https://downloader.vip/imvu/ https://downloader.vip/canva/

steven.stetson | 26 September, 2018

TESLA- please consider providing an option to "pre-pay" for supercharging for the life of one's new Tesla 3, regardless of whether its a P or dual motor. If you offered it for say $2,000, many of us, especially previous Tesla S owners like myself who always enjoyed free charging, would buy it and give Tesla a nice revenue boost when ordering new 3s, while allowing new 3 owners the freedom to design whichever 3 they want without feeling disincentivized when choosing something other than the performance package.

One more thing: Those who put money down 2 years ago for Tesla 3s and waited patiently for production/delivery should be grandfathered and not subject to the recent price increase of August 2018. Here's hoping Tesla does the right thing here!

tinaish12 | 14 October, 2018

recognize that free supercharging ended the day prior to this, however I did have a concept nowadays. Does everyone assume that Tesla will offer deals in the course of the yr (as an instance, holiday specials) as a shopping for incentive?

I sit up for listening to every body’s mind!

tinaish12 | 14 October, 2018

recognize that free supercharging ended the day prior to this, however I did have a concept nowadays. Does everyone assume that Tesla will offer deals in the course of the yr (as an instance, holiday specials) as a shopping for incentive?

I sit up for listening to every body’s mind! https://8ballpool.onl/ https://googlehangouts.ooo/ https://omegle.onl/

SamO | 14 October, 2018

+1 @steve

Bring back unlimited free-for-life Supercharging with participation in FSD Tesla Network.