Forums

Took delivery! AWD non-P Red, white interior, 19" wheels. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Took delivery! AWD non-P Red, white interior, 19" wheels. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Took delivery of my Tesla Model 3 yesterday. I'm still grinning! It's an awesome car.

Here's a quick review after about a day hours of ownership. It's definitely the best car I have ever owned. The Sequoia's ride is more comfortable, but I knew that would be the case. I'll be riding my friend's X today to compare it. I want to tweak the tire pressure, but first I have to look online what's the minimum I can go. I know it'll hurt range, but I'm okay with it.

The Good
- Beautiful, beautiful car. To be honest, I don't like the X and the S. They look like boats. The 3 is magnificent, though.
- Tesla giggle is a thing. People are taking rides with me just to feel the acceleration.
- The white interior is jaw dropping. So happy I got it.
- The simple dashboard and the single MCU is just perfect.
- Voice recognition technology is top notch. I have a heavy accent and it's not a problem at all. "Navigate to whatever," it always finds it.
- Phone access is working flawless even though I'm really close to the car during the night. No vampire drain so far.
- Charging your car at home: priceless.
- Die cast Model 3 toy car. I'm a reservation holder, but I only reserved it earlier this year. It was a nice surprise.

The Bad:
I'll be calling service to fix them. No deal breakers. I'd rather get my car soon (like yesterday, literally) so I can get the tax credit.
- Two panel gaps: one is on the rear right door and it's hard to close it. One near the left rear light.
- The bottom of the rear trunk (trunk liner?) has creases. Maybe it's normal, but I haven't never seen something like this.
- It looks like whoever cleaned the car had grease (or some black dirt) on their hands. They left finger marks on the white interior, top left, on the driver side. I wonder if it's easy to clean.

The Ugly:
- My ICE cars.

cascadiadesign | 23 September, 2018

Congratulations. I've had my red RWD since July. Jealous of your white interior :)

Xerogas | 23 September, 2018

I just installed TSportline after-market white seats in my red Model 3. Gorgeous, and much less expensive than paying for performance upgrade!

cfnlaw | 23 September, 2018

really more expensive the originals ??

garibaldi | 24 September, 2018

The only other thing I noticed is that the ride is a bit stiff. I've read somewhere that I can try 39 psi to see if it improves.
But then again, I only ever had SUVs and minivans, so this may be how things are.

On other news, I'm falling in love with one pedal driving and regen.

Magic 8 Ball | 24 September, 2018

Congrats! Enjoy!

garibaldi | 24 September, 2018

*in other news. I was going to write on the other hand. Need more coffee.

gballant4570 | 24 September, 2018

More coffee might just make you go for a drive.....renjoy that 3!

cascadiadesign | 24 September, 2018

@Xerogas - What was the total cost (white seats + installation)? Do you have a link to photos? (I've seen other photos of this mod, but not on red)