Forums

"Your contract is available to review in your Tesla Account"

"Your contract is available to review in your Tesla Account"

I received the message "Your contract is available to review in your Tesla Account" in an email from Tesla this morning but nothing has changed on my account page... I take delivery of my car tomorrow and have yet to receive directions for submitting final payment to Tesla prior to my home delivery. Should i be worried?

EVRider | 5 December, 2018

I’m taking delivery of a Model S soon, and if I select the Manage link on My Tesla, there’s an option to Make a Payment using electronic funds transfer. Do you not have that on your account page?

It’s my understanding that Tesla will send you an e-mail or text requesting that you make final payment, but I haven’t received that yet (delivery on Saturday). Check your spam folder.

RichardKJ | 5 December, 2018

In theory the payment link should appear about 48 hours before delivery. I got mine at 4pm on Friday for a Sunday morning delivery, but that was months ago.

vinnie919 | 5 December, 2018

There is no option shown for that! I still have the "Next Steps" and "Order summary". Also still says "The information below will be used to generate your final contract and your final payment amount. Changes after confirmation may affect your delivery date." I have yet to receive an email or tex stating i make the final payment, only the one i received stating the message in my subject..i'm nervous!

EVRider | 5 December, 2018

How did you get a delivery date?

They have all my info.. Registration, insurance, drivers license, and approved lending through Tesla just haven't been prompted to submit final payment and I'm not sure how to do it.. Its about 33 hours before delivery...I'm positive Tesla will want there money before delivery..

wtm | 5 December, 2018

Prior to my home delivery I got the same type of email. My payment option didn’t come up until midnight (delivery was at 8a). I had asked the local SC and they said a personal check would be accepted or I can process the ACH at the delivery appointment. It seems they don’t process the ACH immediately or confirm they received funds prior or at delivery - as long as it has been initiated. Other posts on this forum talk about the funds or check being processed days later.

@wtm - Thanks for help buddy. Appreciated.