Forums

Winter Tires - Model 3

Winter Tires - Model 3

I have the 19’’ Sport Wheels - what do I order for winter tires? If I get them from Tesla - will the 18" Aero package work?

If I order tires - what size PIRELLI do I need to get to put on the sports rim? Do I order 19"? I'm used to just going to our local tire place and getting them to deal with it.

From what I can see - these tires will fit on my Tesla 19" Sport Rims:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=1&autoMak...

Bighorn | 5 December, 2018

Go on Tire Rack. They will show you what tires fit. Pirellis are the bottom of the list though if you’re wanting optimum snow tires.

Oh, you have a TR link. That should tell you sizing based on your OEM input.

Or just read it off your current tire if you’re using the same rim.

amory | 8 December, 2018

If you drive in a very snowy/icy area, as I do high in the Rockies, I strongly recommend the Nokian R3 tires. They beat the Michelins, Pirellis, and Blizzaks by a wide margin—I've tried them all.
Just remember that these superb winter tires are asymmetrical—there's an inside and an outside sidewall when you mount them—and when they're rotated, you can swap only front/rear, not side-to-side. And Nokian tells me they wear faster above 40˚F, so if you intend to drive much at higher temps, you should consider seasonal tire swapping.

Manjushr | 10 December, 2018

north VT here... unfortunately the 19" wheels are a bit odd tire size so the R3's are hard to find in the right size. They are back ordered... So I went with the Pirelli sotozero 3's - from tire rack... I must say.. it is a great winter tire... no drama.... though I did order a pair of chains I keep in the trunk well....