Forums

Assembly Defects

Assembly Defects

Hello guys,

On December 31st, my new Tesla Model S was delivered on Coral Gables, Miami. Forty-five minutes after leaving the dealership, I had to return because of the pressure of tires was low. Two days later I had to return to Miami because the windshield washer pump was not working, the technicians found that the pump was disconnected. As per my request, both issues were documented.

Taking advantage of the fact that I still had the possibility of requesting a refund, I did so and that same day I changed to a Model X because it is much more spacious.

Unfortunately, my new car came with Jiminy the cricket and his whole band. Inside the car, you can hear that annoying sound even when the road conditions are good.

Additionally, there is a difference in color tone between the bumper and the fenders that can be appreciated at plain sight. There is also misalignment in the front trunk door, in the side doors as well as remarkable gaps between the doors. Defects resulting from the assembly process are notable and considering the quality standards expected from Tesla, those should be unacceptable.

In a call made to the technical service due to problems with both screens (the screens went black and unresponsive),I have an appointment to the Technical Service in West Palm Beach, where I would like to receive a response to the issues raised above or confirm if the above are not defects and are within the standards of Tesla.

Did anyone has had the same issues?

Adan

jimglas | 15 January, 2019

Ass what?

jimglas | 15 January, 2019

No. None of them.

Wilber | 15 January, 2019

Sorry, anyone who returns a car because tire pressure low and one loose wire doesnt have much credibility on this forum. If you are a real person (and not a troll) your Model X has problems because Karma (or the Gods) have decided you deserve it.

m1chel | 15 January, 2019

@Wilber: Sorry, obviously you are not able to understand what you read. Just for your information, I returned it because the Model X is more spacious and we expect a new member in our family, not because of the tire pressure.

I'm sure Elon Musk relies on Karma to send a Falcon rocket into space!!!.

Unfortunately, I can not share a screenshot of my Tesla account just to make you change your opinion, which, BTW, is irrelevant when you think that perhaps the defects mentioned are due to Karma and God in the same sentence, you should probably also have mentioned that it could be the cause of an energy balance.

What I mentioned above, I can prove and I maintain that the quality of the final assembly is not up to the expectations of a car of this technology.

Adan

lilbean | 15 January, 2019

The detail of the X being more spacious got lost in he big rant of complaints. Don’t be coming here as a noob and insult a long time forum member.

@Lilibean So, After how much time in the forum do you earn the right to insult or doubt the credibility of a person? Even when I reach that "privilege", I think I'll never use it.

I think the right to complain is justified if you consider that we all expect a car like this, the maximum quality. And like those who have decided to have a car like this, I share the idea of excellence that it must represent. The way in which the complaints were raised does not seem disproportionate to me, not the answer of @Wilber when doubting my credibility and to state that the defects were something "deserved".

Adan

There is no time frame. You're probably not an ahole so I don't think you want to sound like one. It's a choice. Now I sound like a bitch. See how that works? :) I'm really a nice person, but it doesn't always show.

@lilibean :

Lesson learned!.

I have no doubt that you are nice, and if I looked a bit like ahole is because I can not or refuse to admit this type of carelessness.

The "faith" can not blind us and try, in the first place, be more Musk than Elon.

Adan

Wilber | 15 January, 2019

m.adan - I am not denying you may have legitimate complaints about the X. But a person who ordered a Model S instead of an X, changing their mind a few days after taking delivery of an S sounds pretty flaky. You had plenty of opportunities to check out the X before ordering the S. Now Tesla is stuck with a used S. You simply dont sound like a reasonable person, that is all. So, dont expect alot of sympathy from the forum.

@m.adan Mine had some issues, some worse. Peace.

@Wilber: Yours particularly are not expected. Your answers would be appreciated if they contributed something worthwhile.

As far as I know, Tesla policy says, if you haven't test driven the car, you can return it within 3 days of delivery if the mileage is less than 500. Unfortunately online you can't appreciate the issues mentioned.

@Lilbean: Pax et Bonum

@m.adan :o)

jimglas | 17 January, 2019

Flagged

nipper2 | 24 January, 2019

@m1chel Sell the X go buy an ice and get in line for all the recalls and all the other Shxx that comes with an ice