Forums

Bummed out over Maintenance Agreement

Bummed out over Maintenance Agreement

I paid $4,000.00 for 8 years of maintenance. Not the ESA but the Tesla Service

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/service/SC-16-91-001_Tesla_Ser...

I am selling my 2016 Model S90D with its 8-year prepaid service agreement, and am advertising it as such, here and on Adam Qureshi's Only Used Tesla site.

Looking at the agreement, however, it appears that it is NOT transferable.

I am so bummed out.

Vern

vp09 | 14 February, 2019

Jeez I didn't think I posted that. Did it post by itself? Why is there no edit function here?

What I wanted to say was that I am selling my 2016 Model S90D with its 8-year prepaid service agreement, and am advertising it as such, here and on Adam Qureshi's Only Used Tesla site.

Looking at the agreement, however, it appears that it is NOT transferable.

I am so bummed out.

Vern

Bighorn | 14 February, 2019

But you can get a refund. What’s the problem?

vp09 | 14 February, 2019

I can get a refund?

vp09 | 14 February, 2019

Bighorn you are so right. It's right there in the contract.

Thank you.

A certified affadavit, notarized-- no problem at all!

kerryglittle | 15 February, 2019

Bighorn saves the day again. :-)

EVRider | 15 February, 2019

You can also edit your main topic. There’s an Edit button.

NKYTA | 15 February, 2019

What a loss of FSCFL. ;-)

rxlawdude | 15 February, 2019

How about more details? Where is it located? Mileage? Options and colors? Wheels?

vp09 | 15 February, 2019

RX Law,

We are in Whittier. Car has 13.957 miles, stock wheels, AWD, near-mint condition, new fascia, 58K, silver. See

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/used-tesla-1

vp09 | 15 February, 2019
SO | 16 February, 2019

@vp09 - So you like the Model 3 better than the S?

rxlawdude | 16 February, 2019

Thanks, vp. I'm looking for a MS with at least AP1 that never had a California HOV decal, as my 70D's decals expired and are not renewable.

Driving a new loaner S75D while M3 is in the shop, and I've concluded that relying on Tunein for radio content is inherently flawed. I thought the loading errors in the M3 were exceptions, but it's just as bad in this new MS.

There's no way I will buy a newer Tesla with its dumbed down audio system. There must be AM and XM. That rules out new Teslas.

SO | 16 February, 2019

@RX - Try Sirius XM on your phone through your car.

vp09 | 16 February, 2019

SO, mostly yes on liking the 3 more.

S is best car in the world for a big car. I just don't like huge cars. The Model 3 is plenty big for me. I like to be able to SEE where the front corners of the car are and SEE to my right when I change lanes.

I feel more comfortable in the 3. In the S I am near-terrified that someone will hit me and the car will be in the shop for another 4 months like happened to my wife. 4 months and one week.

I have the mid-range 3 and it doesn't go as far as EVtripplanner said it would. I think he needs to adjust his estimates.

SO | 16 February, 2019

@vp09 - I agree it is difficult to see out of the S compared to the 3. But I do smile when I walk out to my S. I like the looks of the Model (S)harp.

I might try to buy a 3 in the future. Depends on what the Y is like.

rxlawdude | 16 February, 2019

@SO, no good in cellular deserts.

Bighorn | 16 February, 2019

Rearward visibility is better in the S. At a light, sometimes I can’t tell if someone is behind me unless I turn on the camera, in the 3.

Ohmster | 16 February, 2019

Usually you can cash out on your maintenance/service and extended warranty plans. Sold our Explorer Platinum after two years to get the X. We received a prorated amount back for the service and the full amount for the warranty. Usually keep our vehicles for well beyond the basic warranty period, but had to get the X.... :)

'17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked AP2.5 Bio 50.6)*2. Grin on!

Usually you can cash out on your maintenance/service and extended warranty plans. Sold our Explorer Platinum after two years to get the X. We received a prorated amount back for the service and the full amount for the warranty. Usually keep our vehicles for well beyond the basic warranty period, but had to get the X.... :)

'17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked AP2.5 Bio 50.6)*2. Grin on!

Damn.....