Forums

Where to report malfunctioning SC stations?

Where to report malfunctioning SC stations?

Took my Model3 on a road trip this past weekend. Drove from Denver, CO to Austin, TX and back. Stopped in Amarillo, TX along the way to charge up and the supercharger station was doing some weird stuff. It would ramp up like normal, charge for a handful of seconds, then start over from zero. It wound up taking 5 hours to recharge the battery to 100%.

Not a huge issue for us since we had planned to stay in Amarillo overnight anyhow, but for someone intending to use this as a pit stop and keep moving, a 5 hour charge time could be a huge inconvenience. The issue happened again on our return trip and mine was not the only Tesla exhibiting this behavior - other drivers were moving from station to station and each one did the same thing.

Where can/should I report this to Tesla?

mike | 19 February, 2019

Per the SuperCharging support page, contact CustomerSupport@tesla.com

https://www.tesla.com/support/supercharging

Bighorn | 19 February, 2019

Phone number is usually on the stall. Did you try other stalls since it’s unlikely to affect more than one or a pair of pedestals.

tony | 19 February, 2019

Thanks Mike!

tony | 19 February, 2019

@bighorn - I tried a couple different ones. Other drivers said the same thing was happening to them - the issue was affecting all the stations there.

Bighorn | 19 February, 2019

You can also make note of it on Plugshare

jjgunn | 20 February, 2019

Also try ServiceHelpNA@tesla.com - (in the U.S.)