Forums

Took Delivery Today: Oh Wow!

Took Delivery Today: Oh Wow!

April 1st will mark 3 years since I placed my M3 reservation. It's been a long wait, but totally worth it. I finally took delivery of my M3 today. And it's everything I imagined it would be and more. I truly love this car. I know people have said this before, but upgrading from an ICE to Tesla feels like you're entering a spaceship from the friggin' future. It is a transformational experience. And not to be overlooked, the ordering and delivery process where both so amazingly pleasant. I hope to never sit through the old let-me-check-with-my-manager dealership B.S. again. Thank you, Elon.

sheldon.mike1010 | 21 March, 2019

Congrats! Months after, I still feel like that every time I drive it.

SO | 21 March, 2019

I still feel like that years after.

Sslnight | 21 March, 2019

Congrats!! #bestcarever

TM3Q | 21 March, 2019

Congrats!!

ajbutler45 | 21 March, 2019

@ralphfiol Congrats! What Model 3 did you get? What color?

jim | 21 March, 2019

Congratulations!
I've owned mine for 6 months now, and I still smile every time I get in. I don't think we will ever stop appreciating these cars.

Magic 8 Ball | 21 March, 2019

Congrats! I agree the experience is enough of a difference to really be excited about it.

82bert | 21 March, 2019

Congrats! We just had our 2nd one delivered today. Once you go electric, you never go back.

Sparky | 21 March, 2019

Wait till the first time you SuperCharge it. It will blow your mind!

jjgunn | 21 March, 2019

So cool....

Got out of the car the other day.....

Chick walking by says to her friend...."Look at that TESLA!! Soooo sexy..."

You're goddamn right!

EM34ME | 21 March, 2019

I feel like you do @ralphfiol, every time I climb into my 3MR. But what is truly amazing is my wife, a non-techie, non-car kind of person. She not only has that Tesla grin every time she gets into the car, but she gets the Tesla giggles too. She is obsessed with milking every bit of technology out of the car, like using every last bit of regenerative braking. Her timing is getting pretty darn awesome. She loves EAP (uses it 100% of the time) and even Slacker and the tilt down in reverse side mirrors. She puts the rear view camera on while traveling in traffic. She says she never wants to own another car unless it has the Tesla name on it.

edhchoe | 21 March, 2019

congrats! I am still on the fence...

cmh95628 | 21 March, 2019

Congrats. After six months, I still love my car like day one too! Best value car ever. Such a thrill to drive.

sbeggs | 22 March, 2019

@82bert,

+1

ralphfiol | 22 March, 2019

@ajbutler45 I got the Standard Range Plus, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black Partial Premium Interior, 19" Sport wheels. And I added the aftermarket Nomad wireless phone charger. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Today was my first drive in to work in the new spaceship (I didn't want to stop). I used AP most of the way in. Can't stop smiling.

nwsrgilmore | 22 March, 2019

Like the others, I'm still in love with my Tesla (Dual Motor Performance model) as much seven months after picking up the car as the day I drove away from the dealership. I still find excuses to just drive the car, where I used to combine trips in my ICE car to save gas. I'll drive 20 miles to the Post Office to mail a bill just to have an excuse to hit the road in it. I've never felt this way about any of car I've owned.

rdm227 | 22 March, 2019

I think the majority of us Tesla owners feel the same way you do months after getting the car. I was getting one for my wife before Christmas as a surprise and as soon as I drove it home I realized i would never enjoy driving my car (a mazda 6 with manual transmission, apple car play, etc. that I really loved) again compared to the Telsa M3 so I ended up getting another one two days later. You are right as well about the buying experience, took me about 20 minutes in the service center to pickup the car and less than that to order it. I had gone with our daughter to help her buy a car a couple of weeks later and even though we got there right when the dealer opened and it was a very slow day for them (plus she had already test driven and had the exact car picked out) it still took 4 hours! Tesla as a company certainly is not perfect, but I've never had a better purchase experience with any major purchase and have not been as satisfied with what I bought as I am with the two Teslas we bought.

Passion2Fly | 22 March, 2019

Very cool.

David N | 22 March, 2019

Congratulations!

Kathy Applebaum | 22 March, 2019

Congratulations, and welcome to the family!

People often ask me if there's any down side to the Model 3. I always tell them the only one is now I'm spoiled for life and can never drive anything else. :)

BrianLeeS | 22 March, 2019

I wish I got in my M3 more often, but my wife has taken it over! She says she feels like she is in Wonder Woman's jet when she is in it. I just asked her to make sure she was dressed! :-)

Now I have a pre-ordered a Y so I can at least drive one of them!!! Can't come soon enough!

ODWms | 22 March, 2019

I remember car purchasing trips to dealers where it was literally an all day affair. Thinking back, I have no idea what took so long just to buy a car.

I’d go to some of these dealerships in the morning, and I wouldn’t be out of there until after dark. Seriously, what was happening back then?

For the last decade and a half I’ve been using the Internet, so by the time I went to pick up the car all that crap was over. The Tesla game was already familiar to a point when I came along.

nnguyen72 | 22 March, 2019

Congrats! Mine is schedule to be delivered tomorrow. Needless to say I'm stoked.

tom8959 | 22 March, 2019

I completely understand your excitement and agree 100%! I've had my Model 3 for six months now, and I'm still giddy as a schoolgirl everytime I get behind the wheel! Welcome, and enjoy!

tung1900 | 22 March, 2019

m3 is my favorite car ever.

Mike83 | 22 March, 2019

Congrats!!!! Now you really know.

DavidAsheville | 22 March, 2019

Congrats! I have a long wait for my Model Y, so I'm living vicariously through all of you.

ALDONY | 22 March, 2019

Congrats.. Get ready for road trips.. 12000 miles in 4 months

Kary993 | 22 March, 2019

Congrates! Transformational only starts to describe how cool these cars really are!!!!!

HighwayStar | 22 March, 2019

I've had mine for 1-week and it's 10-times better than I thought it would be. The day we got it, we went out of town with it for 3-days. When we got back I had to pull the MBZ E350 out of the garage. It was this horrible rumbling disgusting stinking dinosaur of nearly Victorian era engineering. I'm am so over ICE cars! The Tesla M3 is like the difference between an iphone and flip-phone compared to ICE cars.

Now I'm plotting the elimination of my 2-other ICE cars. Getting all the toxic bomb ICE cars out of my life is now a #1 priority. The Tesla M3 is the BEST CAR I've ever driven! I am so smitten!

Carl Thompson | 23 March, 2019

Almost one year later and I still love driving my Model 3. I will sometimes purposely take the long way to places so I can spend more time in the car! While I have (Enhanced) Autopilot I rarely use it; it's too much fun driving the car myself.

This is my 5th and by far the best despite a bunch of minor issues. Not bad, Tesla.