Forums

Is EAP dead?

Is EAP dead?

I just checked and my account show AP for $4k and FSD for $7k. It was $2k and $4k last week. I could have afford the $2k (special price for owners like me) in the future but $4k ....nah! So ... it feels like it cost a little less than original and has a little less features.

Is it safe to conclude that the old EAP is dead for existing (or new customers)?

jimglas | 22 March, 2019

yes

Magic 8 Ball | 22 March, 2019

● Most likely.

EVRider | 22 March, 2019

Yes, EAP is dead, but that doesn’t mean Tesla won’t change how they package AP and FSD functionality again in the future.

Note that the new AP has a lot less than the old EAP — just TACC and Autosteer (without auto lane change). Everything else moved to FSD.

TeslaTap.com | 22 March, 2019

Well, not dead for those that already own EAP. EAP will continue to improve and get new features, some which are now considered FSD features (but not all FSD features). It does appear you can no longer buy EAP.

contisauto | 22 March, 2019

Just a week ago current owners of EAP could have upgraded to FSD for $2000, now its $5000. We already paid $5000 for EAP. I think that gouges current owners with EAP that didn't have the option to purchase FSD. Tesla should allow current owners of EAP who didn't have the option to buy FSD to upgrade indefinitely for the price of $2k.

2015P90DI | 22 March, 2019

It's Tesla, answering what may happen in the future is impossible. Tesla changes their mind more often that most people change their underwear or as fast as Colorado weather. If you don't like something today, give it a month, or maybe only a week or even a day, it's likely to change. Referral program was gone, several times, now it's back. Free supercharging was gone, several times, now its back. Prices go up, prices go down. Next time Tesla needs an influx of cash, prices will change for a cash grab, then revert again. If the price is too high now and it's beyond your means, then don't buy it, but pay attention as there may be a point when it comes down again, more like "will be" a point when it comes down again.

Bighorn | 22 March, 2019

Only dead to new owners.

burdogg | 22 March, 2019

@contisauto - um - you are still getting a better deal than those that didn't buy either...those that didn't buy either now have to pay $4,000 for AP, and then $7,000 for EAP = $11,000 total...so where is your penalty again??

So, lets say this - for those right now that buy a new car - they pay $3,000 for AP and pass on FSD. Guess how much FSD is for those to purchase after the fact??? Um yep - $7,000. Bringing their total to...$10,000.

So again, how are you being penalized??? Why on earth should you get option for FSD for life at only $7,000 where others that wait have to pay $10,000?

I just think you don't quite realize what everyone else has to pay and that in fact, you are being treated fairly at this point.

burdogg | 22 March, 2019

Ah - I see - so for those inbetween people that didn't have the option at time of purchase to get FSD - well, you had your chance to get it at $2,000 - so why not jump then - because the day you purchased the car - you would have had to jump right then too...

M3phan | 22 March, 2019

Have EAP, jumped on FSD for $2K a couple weeks ago, glad I did. Even if my current EAP has what is currently functional in FSD, still looking forward to whatever FSD may become, at whatever point yet undetermined, and didn't mind dropping $2K to find out.

Kathy Applebaum | 22 March, 2019

@contisauto Boo hoo. A year ago I had to pay $8K for the combo and so far haven't gotten anything you didn't get for $5K. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did, but I can't feel too sorry for you missing a chance to pay less.

mazers | 22 March, 2019

I bought my Model 3 in July and had ordered EAP at the time for 5k. I could not justify adding FSD at the time for an additional 3k, which then rose to 4k after taking possession of the ca. It then went up to 5k. When it went on 'sale' for 2k, you bet I could then justify it and ordered it. Very happy I did as it is back to its 'original' after-purchase price of 5k. Quit the complaining, as everyone had this option and whether or not you took advantage of this, it is on you.

thedrisin | 22 March, 2019

I did purchase the 2k FSD upgrade but don't worry if you passed. The are no FSD features and won't be for awhile. Likely be able to purchase upgrade at a reduced rate again, maybe even free.