I had a very strange screen malfunction. I'm sharing it here just to see if others have experienced the same.
AWD Non-P 3, running 2019.8.5 since the weekend. I'd enabled no-confirmation-on-lane-change on the previous trip.
When I got in the car and shifted into R, I noticed my screen was blank. I double-knobbed a reboot.
I got a Tesla logo, but afterwards a blank screen again. Double-knobbed again.
I got a Telsa logo flicker. Seemed like a boot loop, but the screen eventually appeared in a heavily degraded state. The speed was totally missing. The AP max speed was "--". I think almost everything from the right 2/3rds were missing. Only the car settings icon was available from the bottom row, but tapping it didn't do anything. Double-knobbed again.
The screen came back much improved. Everything seemed to be working as intended, except most but not all letters would appear on the screen. For instance, when I voice-entered
"Bug report my screen malfunctioned" the screen showed
"B p m m f ". It then showed the green check and
" h ks fo ou feedb ck".
Because I'm an unnecessary risk-taker, I'd been driving home during all this. There were instances where the car should really have been attempting a lane change (e.g., behind someone at 52mph when set at 62 in a 55, lanes to left free and clear) and it didn't lane change. I double-knobbed again.
This time, the screen came back completely functional. This morning, I discovered that the magnet to the charge door had fallen out overnight and was on the floor of the garage. A tough few hours for the Tesla, apparently.