Forums

windshield washer

windshield washer

Newb question.

I've been in my M3 for a couple weeks now. Tried the washers and no fluid sprays. Topped off the reservoir (to make sure there is a fluid level). Still nothing. I am pushing the in the button on the left stalk. This is the correct maneuver, right?? It can't be that difficult.

Thank you.

Mikael13 | 15 April, 2019

You need to press left stalk twice... harder/deeper... check manual. Lots to read! :-)

Magic 8 Ball | 15 April, 2019

Yes you need to push in a bit harder to get the water. There is no spray in that it directs the fluid right to the blade.

Carl Thompson | 15 April, 2019

There have been a few reports on the forum of cars being delivered without the washer hose being properly connected. If a hard / long press on the stalk doesn't yield anything have the service center check it out.

Jon-Jon | 15 April, 2019

I had the same experience with the windshield washer fluid and found out one of the hoses was not connected. Pretty simple fix, just open the frunk and pull the top cover off in the frunk. You’ll see the washer fluid hoses coming from the windshield wipers to a “Y” connecter. That is where I found one of the hoses was off. Just reconnect it to the “Y” and you should be good to go. While I was there, I also made the hoses a little taught so it didn’t have too much slack and can be seen. Hope this helps.

jr554 | 16 April, 2019

Great information. Thanks to all who replied. Got her working!