Forums

Video of Advanced Summon

Video of Advanced Summon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZdnM3F6ydw

Saw this video of Advanced Summon. Similar to previous videos seen. It's certainly a cool party trick, but definitely not practical for real world use. We still have a long way to go before true FSD. As noted in the video, I guess maybe in the rain, it might be a nice feature. But as previously stated, it goes SO SO SO SLOW, you can walk faster. Also, 150 feet maximum range is pretty limited. Again, a VERY cool party trick that will be fun to show off. But can't see using it in this form for anything other than a demonstration. I'm not patient enough! LOL. Noticed that in all the videos I've watched, it doesn't do a very good job in keeping to one side of the driveway. This one, acted like it was in Europe, drove on the left side of the lane. If a car was coming the other direction, it would be directly head on its path. Also, one test, it backed up and drove through a bunch of parking spots to get to its target. Also struggled badly when an object (person) got in its way. Still looking forward to getting it as I love the party tricks and showing them off. These cars are definitely full of them, which is half of the reason people buy them :-).

I do hope people use it intelligently and respectfully of others. If any cars get stuck behind this thing, it's very likely going to piss them off. Not good marketing for Tesla if a bunch of people are getting pissed off when they get stuck behind one crawling along. Also, will end up resulting in Tesla having to take away features, just like with AP. Because of a bunch of idiots showing their stupidity with abusing AP, Tesla has added so many fail safes that it's far less enjoyable and practical than it was when it first came out.

82bert | 16 April, 2019

Elon has already stated it’s not ready for prime time, but should be in a few weeks. I infer this to mean that there will be improvements from what we’re currently seeing.

Mike UpNorth | 16 April, 2019

Cool!

ebmcs03 | 16 April, 2019

Ya. No way to use it unless in a empty parking lot.

JAD | 16 April, 2019

It could be used in driveways as well to avoid the rain. When visiting friends houses? Definitely a lot of party trick involved, but also a step closer to self driving. Tesla always makes small continuous steps instead of big annual changes.

If Tesla did annual software updates instead of ~monthly, think of how many changes each update would include. Look back at all the tweaks made over a year. My 2014 S would be a completely different car if reset to delivered specs. A year or two from now, advanced summons will be completely different than it currently is. Feel free to wait a few year and not use it until it is what you consider beyond a party trick, but I prefer to play with it in the meantime.

-TheJohn- | 16 April, 2019

The main thing it's good for at the moment is for demonstrating how small a distance 150 feet is. It's also great for making observant people go WTF?! as it slowly crawls past them. I see greatness in the future though!

PittCaleb | 16 April, 2019

I have no idea if this will work in my company parking lot, or if I will ever park close enough, but man, this would be nice in the rain!

kaffine | 16 April, 2019

I'm wondering if I will be able to use it at work or not. Unless I get there early I end up parking in the dirt lot at the end of the building. There are only 4 parking spots on asphalt the others are in the dirt lot. Even if I get there early there are no lines for the parking spaces just a curb stop. It would be nice. The one thing I do have going for me is there normally wont be any cars between mine and the door when I leave.

rwgallah | 16 April, 2019

This video violates the non-disclosure agreement the user signed or was allowed by Tesla. Suspect this means the update should be coming soon for the general population.

pramod.rj07 | 31 May, 2019

I hope they reduce the cost. Eles it's just waste of 10 k investment along with interest.