Forums

Just downgraded my SR+ to SR...

Just downgraded my SR+ to SR...

Wanted to pass this along.

I requested for a downgrade of my SR+ to SR after the Tweet. Just spoke with rep at Tesla. Following will happen:

$1500 refund (This is the current difference in price between SR+ $39,900 and SR $38,400)
No fog light (physically there but no function)
No Immerse sound system
240 to 220 range
130 max speed
0-60 5.6 sec

Rep told me few weeks for a refund.

wiscy67 | 10 June, 2019

Interesting.

M3phan | 10 June, 2019

Why?

TeslaJimmy | 10 June, 2019

IMO, seems like the $1500 is more than worth it for all of those features....

M3phan | 10 June, 2019

Agree

TexasBob | 10 June, 2019

Friend, don't do it. Your residual value will MORE than cover the difference. Extra range is going for $85.50 a mile (Leaf). The range alone is worth $1,710.

M3phan | 10 June, 2019

For me, the immersive sound alone. Unless you’re not s music listener. I’ve heard the downgraded sound is not great.

wiscy67 | 10 June, 2019

Will definitely be keeping my SR+ features. Can base $35k owners upgrade to SR+ for $1500? I wouldn't think so.

Tropopause | 10 June, 2019

I think the price discrepancy has to do with AP.

jjgunn | 10 June, 2019

Downgraded sound is horseshit.

Stereo sounds so tinny without the sub-woofer.

$1,500? That's it?!?!? No way I would downgrade. But hey.....to each his/her own

wiscy67 | 10 June, 2019

@jjgunn - neither the SR+ nor SR has the subwoofer or extra amplifier found in the full premium interior There is a button on the SR+ called immersive sound. Apparently it won't be active on the SR.

Teslanene | 10 June, 2019

If you can afford the SR+ go for it, you will regret it later. I have the MR and at times wish I had gotten the LR.

quaker9198 | 10 June, 2019

My primary reason for getting the SR+ was the partial premium interior, specifically premium seats and center console. 20 mile range won’t make a difference in my commute. Fog light is not a deal breaker. Will never reach 130mph. 5.6 sec is plenty fast. Sound is the only question mark. This downgrade makes sense to me.

shank15217 | 11 June, 2019

The MR was the best value , had everything the LR had but just less range. I wish the SR+ had an add-on option for live traffic.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 11 June, 2019

@quaker9198,
So you intentionally ordered the SR+ with the intent to downgrade so you could keep the premium seats and center console?

crmedved | 11 June, 2019

@Teslanene I cheaped out and got the MR too in December. I traded it in for a LR AWD in March. Lost like $1500 due to the instant depreciation of driving off the lot, but I have no regrets. Loved the car too much to want more in a year or two! And I wanted to feel that extra power ;)
-------------------------------

Does the SR have heated seats (enabled)?

dallinjhales | 11 June, 2019

We just ordered the SR+ but had full intentions of ordering the SR with black on black: the cheapest. Even though we can probably downgrade within 10 days of delivery like the OP, I think we'll stick with the SR+ :D 20 miles will help our road trips, we'll use autopilot daily, and we are music junkies! I'm curious how the SR sound will compare. Either way, awesome and amazing cars! So stoked!

quaker9198 | 11 June, 2019

This post was to share info.

@Neomaxizoomdweebie
I order SR+ with the intention of keeping this car. As noted in my previous post, I order SR+ for the premium seats and center consol. Since SR now comes with those two items (initially SR was not supposed to come with these items) and Tesla allowed for a downgrade, that’s what I decided to do. To each his own.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 11 June, 2019

@quaker9198,
Okay, didn't realize the SR had the same seats. Enjoy the ride!

JarvisM3 | 11 June, 2019

Whatever makes you happy and fits your needs is what I like! Enjoy the ride!

hr2u | 12 June, 2019

Are all SR+owners eligible for the downgrade regardless of your date of purchase?

Firaz.ashraf | 12 June, 2019

I have LR RWD from well over a year ago when there waa no sign of AWD or Performance. I wish i could pay the difference to upgrade everyday (almost) for a bigger grin

rogersun | 17 June, 2019

To all non-SR+ owners: the immersive sound does nothing, unless you have god-like ears. Service center techs can't even tell the difference with it on or off. IMO, well worth the money to downgrade to SR.

Azamat | 17 June, 2019

I don't have "god-like ears" :-) but I can hear the difference in sound quality. Turn some rich music on pretty loud, and toggle between Immersive sound on/off - you will hear a significant difference.

Daryl | 18 June, 2019

I have a LR Model 3, and I wouldn't want to have any less range than the nominal 310 miles. Since I don't like to charge to 100%, in effect I have about 280 miles of range. Factor in possible head winds and unexpected detours, and I wouldn't plan to go any farther than about 250 miles to the next charger. I can make it from Phoenix to Los Angeles with one charging stop (Quartzsite), but couldn't with much less range.

Get all the range you can afford, unless you never plan to go out of town.

legna_fo_htaed | 18 June, 2019

Immersive sound does not require "god like ears"

There is absolutely a difference in quality.

lordmiller | 18 June, 2019

the sound in my Dual Motor is awesome, and all the lights work, and I can drive far. You new what you were getting when you bought the version you bought. Que Pasa?

jimglas | 18 June, 2019

Nice to know that I have "god like ears"

finman100 | 18 June, 2019

I must have the god-like ears too!

I absolutely am floored everytime I play music with the immersive sound. It was the biggest surprise that I had not even thought about when i wanted the Model 3. Oct '18 LR with PuP.

wow is all i can say about having 15 speakers in a car. Just the most outstanding full, rich sound one can imagine.

I think the immersive sound is deactivated if you cannot discern the difference it makes.

I listen to punk, some screamo, Big Head Todd sounds awesome (blues rock), classic guitar rock. I have never "heard" my old Offspring tunes sound so good. ever. And I've built a lot of systems over the course of 30 years.

Yet another point about the Model 3 that Tesla hit out of the park.

lordmiller | 18 June, 2019

"I'm a god-like genius" - Liam Gallagher - Oasis, 2000