Forums

Wouldn't it be nice...

Wouldn't it be nice...

Wouldn't it be nice if a Tesla, sensing a dangerous battery overheat, would open its own garage door and drive itself out into a driveway in order to save a house (even if the charger cord was attached).

I realize that it's a highly remote possibility, and less likely to happen than with an ICE car, but the technology is there and this feature could be added pretty easily in order to let folks sleep easier at night.

gballant4570 | 16 June, 2019

I'd suggest perhaps Melatonin to help with the sleeping......works for me

Slonkis | 16 June, 2019

Love that song!

charles.a.braun | 16 June, 2019

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray
It might come true

edhchoe | 16 June, 2019

The threat must be real.

howard | 16 June, 2019

I have had 4 different EVs in my garage for 8 years now. Never ever worried. Relax

kevin_rf | 16 June, 2019

I have an ICE in the other bay, and have had them in the garage bays for years. If I should be losing sleep over anything....

TranzNDance | 16 June, 2019

My kids can sleep, and I can wait, in the car with the AC running while the car is in the garage on a hot day. Talk about letting folks sleep easier.

SamO | 16 June, 2019

Wouldn’t it be nice if overwhelming anxiety didn’t ruin all the joys in our life?

ODWms | 17 June, 2019

I had a BMW that spontaneously combusted about 30 years ago in my condo parking lot. Thank goodness it wasn’t in a enclosed garage. The only damage to other property, as luck would have it, was to my own: my wife’s Nissan sitting right next to it. Very minor. Only the side of the rear taillight lens on that side curled out a little from the heat. Never even had it fixed. Turned out it was a short in the BMW’s battery that started the fire.

About a decade earlier I had had a fire in my first car, a Chrysler Cordoba, that started in my dashboard as I was washing it, radio playing, in front of my mother’s house. I had owned the car for about a month. The fire department investigator said it was an “electrical short in the instrument cluster”. Again, not being in a garage or close to anything else that could have been seriously impacted was just dumb luck.

While both were extensively damaged, I’d had repaired and kept both cars and drove them each for several years after their incidents with no issues.

Hugues1965 | 17 June, 2019

I honestly think the OP is onto something. Could we at least get an alarm on the phone if something serious requires our attention ? And car honking/flashing.

Magic 8 Ball | 17 June, 2019

What's wrong girl? Timmy is in the well? Honk twice if he is in the well.

rhj | 17 June, 2019

Magic 8 In 1955 our TV ran on coal

Magic 8 Ball | 17 June, 2019

In 1955 I was an accident waiting to happen.

rhj | 17 June, 2019

;)

tm4000m | 17 June, 2019

M8Ball, LOL. Dude, you are one of the reasons I continue checking this forum.