Forums

Ceramic Coating saved the day.

Ceramic Coating saved the day.

I had my wheels powder coated and they kept the car for 4 days. When I showed up the wheels had water spots all over them. I requested them to be cleaned before I left. What I didn’t notice was there were water spots all over the windshield to the trunk and one side of the car. It looks like they sprayed it with a hose containing hard water and let it bake in the AZ sun.

I tried several window cleaners but ended up needing to use vinegar/distilled water to remove. It took me an hour and forty five minutes to clean off the windows and roof glass.

I was really concerned about the paint. One spray of the Blue ONR cleared the hard water off the paint. I even tried soft water in a spray bottle and the water spots were gone. I think ceramic is expensive but I had it applied after I bought the car and I can’t believe how well it worked in protecting the paint.

I’m obsessed with keeping this car clean and use the one bucket method and microfiber towels in my garage. I’ve only had the car 3 months but my paint is still flawless and I’ve cleaned this car more than any I’ve owned previously.

Just wanted to share as I see a lot of people ask questions about it.

jebinc | 23 June, 2019

Thank you for sharing! I pick up my M3 tomorrow (6/24) and already have the CarPro cQuartz waiting in the garage. Will go on the car as soon as I arrive home. I don't plan to clay bar the car, just was it good.

FISHEV | 23 June, 2019

I'm liking my ceramic. It keeps the car cleaner and just a hosing is like a car wash.

Key is how long will it last.

CST | 23 June, 2019

Buy some powdered citric acid on Amazon and mix it to whatever ratio you want, it will eat up hard water residue.