Forums

Homelink - Post delivery install

Homelink - Post delivery install

Hello All,

Like many of you who have had your M3's delivered post 5/31/19, there's no Homelink. For those of you who shelled out the extra $300 and had it installed after delivery, what was the installation process like? How long does it take? What part of the new car does the service technician tear into? It's seems like the module is a simple "plug into harness" mode, but where does it go? I ask these questions in advance of a "mobile service" appointment I have next Monday, July 8th. I'm also wondering how long I will have to "hang around". Thanks for sharing your experience!

jebinc | 30 June, 2019

Anyone?

ewxlt66 | 30 June, 2019

Good question, I'm eager to know too.

jebinc | 30 June, 2019

Wow, crickets here also? Posted a similar question on another forum and result was the same - one other soul looking for the same information... Perhaps the three of us are the only suckers to pay $300 for Homelink….

Magic 8 Ball | 30 June, 2019

Yes, despite a tiny portion of folks proclaiming that not including homelink will be the death of TESLA reality shows it to be a meh.

Patience grasshopper you will get your answer or you will have the honor of providing the answer to others.

Have a nice day.

Lil Sebastian | 30 June, 2019

My appointment for homelink installation is this Friday the 5th. Will chime in after that if no one else has.

Lil Sebastian | 30 June, 2019

My service is at a service center not mobile service though

fuentejose | 30 June, 2019

Can be done via mobile service or at the shop, depending on availability, it entails partial front bumper removal and a quick software update by the tech. Someone in reddit posted pictures on the process for them a while back , straightforward and no issues.

stebo1 | 30 June, 2019

I have had the Homelink installed. It was the first install ever done by my install guy but he figured it out. It’s a combo of hardware and software. They will jack your car up, take both front wheels off to go to trim, remove the front bumper cover, and there is a little slot that the part screws into. The wiring is right there and just plugs in. They pushed new software to me prior to the install and then activated the Homelink after somehow. The guy had some trouble getting it to activate but opened a ticket and it worked within the next 24 hours. They were at my house for a couple of hours. I had two guys because one was in training. Interesting note about mobile service - they now work 3.5 days a week and then the van goes to someone else for the other 3.5 days so that the tools are being used 7 days a week. Prior to mobile service, my guy worked at the service center and usually was able to work on 3-5 cars a day; with mobile service he is able to work on 5-7. He picks up the van on the transition day with all parts and tools needed for the week’s jobs and keeps it until the end of his 3.5 day shift.

As for the finance part about Homelink being installed after the fact, I just don’t see how it’s a money maker. It’s maybe a break even proposition for Tesla. I can’t imagine there being much profit in sending this to the service center, getting it to a mobile ranger, having them spend 2 hours on the car, etc. I suppose the savings is with the thousands of cars that do not get the Homelink at the factory. If you don’t have a garage, you don’t need it so I can see the case for making it an add on; but you should be able to add it in the cart so it’s delivered with the car.

Regardless, it was a painless experience and I love my Homelink. Works great for auto Open but auto close doesn’t work at all. Definitely work $300 bucks to not have to fiddle with a clicker or mess up my visor over time.

jebinc | 30 June, 2019

^^^
"...remove the front bumper..." Oh my... seems like a recipe for scratches and rattles... Having second thoughts about this. Bumper covers are usually held by plastic inserts that often break or weaken if reused. Not sure I want some newbie man/woman-handling my bumper and such... :-(

Anyone else have an experience to report - hopefully one not as invasive? I was hoping it was just a reach under and plug it in, then load software and configure type of thing - rather than a body shop like visit in your driveway... Where to they place the pristine bumper while they do the work? On the ground? Geeezzzzz.

syclone | 1 July, 2019

Sounds to me like Tesla made a mistake by not leaving the hardware for Homelink in the car. They could have charged the same $300.00 to turn it on. I agree with Stebo1 that this can't possibly be a money maker as it is set up now. That being said, I think it's a questionable omission. Cars that are less than 1/2 the price of Tesla come with standard Homelink.

stebo1 | 1 July, 2019

Evidently Homelink charges a license for the part whether you are using it or not, thus the rationale for only installing when needed. There are people all over the world getting these cars now, maybe the data doesn’t support leaving it as standard until they have a US factory, a Chinese one, a German one, etc. I think the solution is to offer as an add on at purchase and have service center install prior to delivery.

As for pulling the bumper cover off, it’s a piece of plastic and if you think laying it on the ground is going to hurt it than I hope you don’t drive on highways! There is dirt and stuff flying all over your bumper cover every time you drive. The guy that installed mine has been working for Tesla for 6 years. The guy he was training went to Tesla Ranger school in Washington and is now doing an apprenticeship. He has to log 500+ hours with a master tech before he can even test to be a certified mobile ranger. Tesla is rigorous as hell with their training, I would not worry about them removing a plastic piece of trim and reinstalling it. They have an entire garage in their van - probably $100K worth of equipment in the van that my guy had.

terminator9 | 1 July, 2019

Cars that are 1/4 the cost, come with a solid roof, why did I get a glass! :)

Magic 8 Ball | 1 July, 2019

Resting the bottom of the bumper on the ground, oh the horror!

I bet the surgeon working on your car doesn't even scrub before laying hands on it either, just unexcusable.

Magic 8 Ball | 1 July, 2019

Some people have carpeted work spaces for the mobile tech to work in, just sayn'.

Lil Sebastian | 11 July, 2019

Service center is about an hour away, appointment was about 2 hours long. As previously stated, involved removing front bumper and performing software reconfiguration or reload to recognize the module. I followed the on screen instructions at home and it has worked great. I notice if I summon out of the garage it intelligently skips the auto close. Works great, I love having it.

vmulla | 12 July, 2019

Good info. Thank you.

Atoms | 12 July, 2019

Homelink absolutely sucks as a communication standard. It is much more unreliable than one would desire. 10% of the time it does not open or close the garage from outside. Also it is US based, China probably has something which actually works.

vmulla | 12 July, 2019

@Atoms,
It was probably the best when it was introduced, no point judging an older standard against current offerings.
It is quite popular as it works with older garage door openers.

lbowroom | 13 July, 2019

Atoms. As an opener, homelink has a signal as good or better than the remotes that it emulates. That's all it does, emulate the remote. I suspect you have a problem with the opener itself as mine has been 100% accurate.

vmulla | 13 July, 2019

I have the same experience as @lbowroom, I've been quite happy with the option.

Magic 8 Ball | 13 July, 2019

@Atoms

Check to see if your garage door light bulb is causing interference or if you have noisy LED lights on nearby. Maybe your light is on 90% of the time you try to use it?

"LED lights have drivers inside the bulbs, which produce a field that interferes with the garage door — preventing the door from opening. Garage doors operate using frequencies between 28 and 360 MHz. Because these two devices use frequencies that intersect, they can interfere with each other."