Forums

Urban Chargers - why not Walmart?

Urban Chargers - why not Walmart?

We all (or I would expect darn near all of us), live close to a Walmart...small towns, large towns, etc.

Would seem like a good idea to have Walmart parking lots (and I know we can't have a Tesla chargers at ALL Walmarts-maybe) as a known place to get your Tesla topped off...

And yes, I love Walmart (even if some folks from these parts - Scottsdale, AZ may not)...so, just saying...

Would seem like an odd but good marriage...

jordanrichard | 8 August, 2019

and just what are the food options at Walmart.............?

rxlawdude | 8 August, 2019

@jordan, at Super Walmarts(TM), you can get chips, ice cream, sodas and most any high-caloric obesity inducer you can think of.

(ducking)

Bighorn | 8 August, 2019

They sublet to Subway and others in many markets.

rxlawdude | 8 August, 2019

"They sublet to Subway/"

Thus, @jordan's question: "what are the food options?"

johncrab | 8 August, 2019

@rxlawdude - Thanks for the great, snarky levity. Love it!

Bighorn | 8 August, 2019

You have a problem with The Doctor’s Associates?

Shesmyne2 | 8 August, 2019

For whatever reason they chose Target instead.

Still Grinning ;-)

Bighorn | 8 August, 2019

Walmart partnered with Electrify America. Tesla’s bigger associations are with WaWa, Meijer, HyVee, Sheetz, Carl’s Jr., QuickChek and Dick’s Sporting Goods, from memory.

NKYTA | 8 August, 2019

Holiday Inn, Best Western, Hilton Garden Inn are second tier.

And, well, malls. ;-)

Bighorn | 8 August, 2019

Pungoteague Dave

NKYTA | 8 August, 2019

lol

MySin_AZ | 8 August, 2019

Wait-no Auntie Anne’s pretzel counters in your Walmart? No wonder...what else do you need after that...

NKYTA | 8 August, 2019

I’m quite surprised no one went any darker.

But the OP question would apply to any big box store and be intolerable by 30% (made up Stat - I hope it is less) of gun owners. Or night club, or school, or Vegas.

This.needs.to.stop.

reed_lewis | 9 August, 2019

Here on the east coast, WAWA is doubling the number of Tesla Super Chargers that are located at their locations. This is a great idea because WAWA is open 24/7, has food and drinks and bathrooms.

Walmarts are not open 24/7 in many locations, Prepared food is not available 24/7, and they are very large locations.

I suggest that with the increasing speed of charging, Tesla should locate at locations that are open 24/7 with food/drinks/bathrooms like gas stations.

kevin_rf | 11 August, 2019

While WaWa is welcome news, doubling means going from the existing 16 WaWa SC locations to 32.

That said, I do like WaWa better than Sheetz, but would charge at both...

jordanrichard | 11 August, 2019

Tesla also a long while back mentioned an agreement with Ruby Tuesdays to place chargers at about 90 of their locations. While it still hasn’t been built yet, here in CT, Tesla filed a permit to build a supercharger site at a plaza that has a Ruby Tuesdays in it.

wulopir | 20 August, 2019

Walmart services are pretty awesome.

tes-s | 21 August, 2019

The Tesla/Walmart relationship is not that good.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2019/08/20/walmart-sues-tesla...

Pungoteague_Dave | 21 August, 2019
Pungoteague_Dave | 21 August, 2019

tes-s, psych