Forums

Am I the only one who can't Chat?

Am I the only one who can't Chat?

When I was looking at the website a couple of months ago and making my purchasing decision, the Chat feature would pop up every time I went to Tesla.com. Not so for me any more.

I have questions concerning items I ordered, and tried clicking on Customer Service tabs to discuss them with somebody. Instead of having an option to Chat, I'm forced to email every time. And all this time, I've been told by the FAQ's and wording on the Customer Service page to "Start Chat" from the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I can't even talk to someone in a Service Center by calling the main number!

FRUSTRATED!!! Any ideas?

andy.connor.e | 20 August, 2019

Adblocker?

Magic 8 Ball | 20 August, 2019

Chat has changed. You have to start contact by using the contact form. After you start filling the form with an inquiry the chat option pops up when it is available.

lilbean | 20 August, 2019

I was just able to chat without filling out a form. A chat window popped up.

HgCoder | 30 August, 2019

I can't find any way to chat either. Had trouble scheduling a service appointment through the app. Called the service center and just get a recording telling me to either use the app or chat at tesla.com/support. I go to that page and there's nowhere to chat. If I use 'Contact Us' and search about anything regarding service, it says to contact my local service center for any questions... which of course is just a recording telling me to go back to the app or support page.

mikeyang98 | 1 November, 2019

yeah, tesla service really sucks!!!!

I had a fender bender and need to replace the rear bumper. Made an appoitnment through the app. Got a text saying that the Toledo location doesn't do body work and I need to go to a Ferrari dealership authorized by Tesla. Want to clarify that there is no body work just rear bumper. Can't reach a live person.

@Tesla: what kind of a customer service is this? unless you can reply emails in less than a minute, you still need a live person. this is not the way to cut cost. the only advertisement you have are your existing customers and you are you pissing one off right now.

blue adept | 1 November, 2019

@lilbean

That's because Tesla knows, from past experience, that you don't frunk around.