Forums

Is Tesla rage a thing?

Is Tesla rage a thing?

I don't think I've been involved in any significant "road rage" incident in at least 25 years. But now I've had two incidents since July. In both cases, a driver started aggressively swerving at my vehicle in a threatening manner after a very minor incident. Once on the highway, and once in a parking lot.

Is this a fluke? Or is Tesla hate a thing out there on the roads?

vmulla | 23 August, 2019

"Our air and environment are too important for tribal bickering. We need to get everyone onboard, no matter what they may think about other things in life." @Earl and Nagin..

Bless you! I take it that you take this perspective well beyond your automobile and into other aspects of sustainability?
---
In context with the thread, it's the people who don't believe that ICE vehicles affect the environment that probably hate Tesla the most. How to make them believe?

My hope is they will hate Tesla less, just because Teslas/EVs will be that common.

rob | 23 August, 2019

@vmulla " How to make them believe?"

You tell them that they have to be locked in a garage with a car that is jacked up and on cruise control set at 45mph. They can have their choice of any ICE or a Tesla. If they con't pick the Tesla they would be dead in a couple hours.

Multiply that 1 car 1 billion.

rob | 23 August, 2019

edit... Multiply that 1 car times 1 billion.

Earl and Nagin ... | 23 August, 2019

@vmulla,
Unfortunately, I find just as many (more actually) Tesla haters who have driven old, barely running compact 'economy' cars all their life in protest/penance against the auto industry in their efforts to be seen as 'green' environmentalists. Then Tesla comes around showing them all up but with expensive cars that their minimalist (sometimes 'back-to-nature') lifestyle can't afford. This irks them to no end and they turn their jealousy into hatred toward Tesla. Most Europeans fall in this category IMHO.

@rob,
Unfortunately, most of those "who don't believe that ICE vehicles affect the environment" can't comprehend numbers as high as 1 billion. Since they've been driving gas cars for a long time haven't been killed by them, they can't understand.

CRAIGJFIFTY3 | 23 August, 2019

I haven’t experienced Tesla hate here on Long Island, yet.
I buy a car because it meets my needs. That’s how I talk to people about my cars.
I believe that most people don’t realize what their actions look like from someone else’s vantage point. Just look at videos of yourself at some family function and I think you’ll see what I mean.
I don’t think the brake lights come on with mild regen braking. I don’t see it on the avatar with light regen, but does on strong regen.

Magic 8 Ball | 23 August, 2019

Unless someone has verified rage was directed at them simply because they have a Tesla this thread really serves no purpose other than set people up for being paranoid. I see kids in raised trucks that express rage at just about every opportunity, no Tesla involved.

kevin_rf | 23 August, 2019

I just wonder how Tesla drivers notice the rage. Every Tesla I encounter has the driver's head buried in their cell phone.

ST70 | 23 August, 2019

@kevin_rf- you haven't encountered me then....I never, ever, ever, use my cell phone while driving.

Magic 8 Ball | 25 August, 2019

Dunno if this guys rage was because we were in a Tesla but this idiot was in a hurry. We were passing other cars to our right and it was unsafe for us to pull over directly in front of the bus like he did to pass on the right.

https://youtu.be/KlYSEHcWMbI

Pages