Forums

Creep mode

Creep mode

My creep mode is not on.....and when you go to the control panel you cannot turn it on. Just got a new firmware update
and that may have effected it. Anyone else with this problem. Want it back.

Thanks

rm760 | 22 September, 2019

Did you try rebooting? Hold down brake pedal and both steering wheel scroll knobs till the dash and center display go black.

Bighorn | 22 September, 2019

Were you in Park?

jordanrichard | 22 September, 2019

You don’t need to have your foot on the brake to do a reboot.
As BH said, are you in park when not having the ability to turn deep on?
Any settings dealing with the movement of the car can only be done when in Park.

Anthony J. Parisio | 22 September, 2019

jordanrichard,
One does not have to press on the brake to reboot. However if one does not then he only gets a “reset” not a true reboot. This has been discussed here many times.

EVRider | 22 September, 2019

@Anthony: I know that this has been discussed a lot, but does anyone really know if rebooting with the brake pedal still makes a difference (or ever really did)? How would someone prove that? I wouldn’t rely on any “facts” coming from Service because they’re sometimes wrong.

sentabo | 22 September, 2019

"I wouldn’t rely on any “facts” coming from Service because they’re sometimes wrong."

Very true, EV Rider. Not to deride Tesla employees, but I'd venture to say that the input we get from the owners on this forum is likely more often accurate than what we get from them.