Forums

Something weird and glitchy with Summon feature since last week

Something weird and glitchy with Summon feature since last week

Summon feature appears have some serious glitch. Every time I get in the car and close the door, it starts chirping and hazard light blinking and side mirrors fold in and out as if summon has been initiated, when all I that I have done is to get in the in the car and close the door. The car still in Park. Again, when I get out of the car, the tail lights start flashing as if a summon is about to start and the radio starts playing in full volume erratically. PIN to drive is also erratic, in the sense it lets me drive off without entering the PIN, and oddly puts up the PIN challenge when I reach my destination and put the car in Park and open the door to get out. Totally spooky. I have done scroll wheel reset multiple times.

Anyways, thankfully, all this drama doesn't prevent me from driving. SC has looked at the logs and have not been able to troubleshoot it. They have asked me to bring the car in to SC.

I am on 2019.32.12.3. SC pushed this same version to my car twice already and asked me to re-install it and see if that makes a difference. Still no cigars.

TeslaTap.com | 7 November, 2019

Odd. I'd try a full power down from the screen. Wait 3 minutes (yes annoying) while sitting in the car. Then power it up by touching the brake pedal.

Teslapalooza | 8 November, 2019

Thanks TeslaTap. Will try that. Before that, I just got a notification for 12.7 update. Let me try that and see if it fixes the issue.

Teslapalooza | 8 November, 2019

Installed 12.7 and following that also did a hard reset like TeslTap suggested. Touch wood, when I pulled my car into my garage this evening, everything seems to have returned to normalcy. This is the first time in 8 days since Halloween that the car has not done anything spooky when I get in or get out. Will keep monitoring.

Teslapalooza | 9 November, 2019

All clear now. The spook has left the car for good :-)