Forums

Advanced summon is going nuts

Advanced summon is going nuts

I have been using Advanced Summon since it came out, but recently it's been doing dumb things. I'll fire it up when I leave my building and make sure the target is where I want it. When I do the Go to Target it moves the car out of my spot where it is backed in and then turns the opposite direction from me, where I stop it. Very embarrassing. It's worked well up to now.

Joshan | 3 December, 2019

it drove away from me a few days ago :( I looked like a moron going after my car going the opposite way it said it would. It also wanted to go forward 3 days ago when a car was parked in front of me. Its very YMMV right now.

Smhach | 3 December, 2019

Clearly your car was not happy with you and was running away to join the circus.

M3phan | 3 December, 2019

Before activating the car, you should be able to see the blue line indicating it’s projected path, and if it’s drawn away from me, I never engage. What I’ve noticed is most of the time it’s projected to drive away from me, it’s because it’s taking a longer route around to me instead of the most direct route.
I tend to use “come to me,” more than “go to target.”

Come to me works WAY better, but it doesn't seem to work without summon standby on. Is there a way to use come to me without the huge battery loss of summon stand by?

mknewman | 3 December, 2019

I don't use Come to me because it uses a LOT more battery, about 1 mile per hour of sitting. Tesla needs to work on it's idle power management a lot, too many things like Sentry and Summon keep it awake and the CPU burning.

Lonestar10_1999 | 3 December, 2019

Agreed. It worked way better originally. Each subsequent firmware revision has made it worse. Now I am reluctant to show it off when parked at work.

since I turned off Summon Standby it sucks. When I turn that back on it works fine. I do not see what that is necessary and hope they can fix what seems to be a bug.

You don’t need to have standby on to use come to me.
It takes a couple of seconds more to get the cameras ready when you activate it, but come to me works without standby mode activated.

really? huh never seen it come up. I will try waiting longer.

Yep. Turn off standby mode. The. Next time you open Summon on your phone, and press Smart Summon, when the map opens up switch from Go to Target to Come
To Me by pressing the target icon upper right screen. It should switch to Come to Me pretty much immediately.

8 times out of 10 it’s ready to go within a few seconds. A couple times out of 10, the phone doesn’t connect and I have to start over.

awesome thanks!!

mknewman | 4 December, 2019

I get Reconnect a lot too, but thanks for the hint M3phan. Be nice to have an official doc or video.

LostInTx | 4 December, 2019

I have the sole Tesla at work and colleagues occasionally want to see "what's new". With 4 coworkers watching, I summoned my car but instead of driving to me, it veered and had I not stopped it, would have run over a 3-foot high pile of branches just pruned from some of our oak trees. Pretty embarrassing..