Forums

Dashcam icon has disappeared from the screen

Dashcam icon has disappeared from the screen

Since the software update last week, the dashcam icon has disappeared from the screen. I removed the USB stick which had been working fine, reformatted it and put it back in to no avail. I also tried multiple other USB sticks. The sentry mode is also not working. Anyone with the same issues? Any advice? Software also updated last night, but didn’t fix the issue.

gmr6415 | 12 December, 2019

Scroll wheel reboot with the USB drive inserted into one of the data ports.

Ludaxris | 12 December, 2019

Sorry, forgot to mention that I tried that. 3 times!

Tried it again in both USB ports. No bueno. The other strange thing that I noticed is that when I click on the USB icon on the bottom of the screen, it shows 0 MB/ 0 Songs. It seems like the car is looking for songs on the USB.

gmr6415 | 12 December, 2019

Do you have the correct folder for the dash cam on the drive? Is it formatted to FAT32? Have you tried a 4 minute shutdown from the service menu, i.e. Service menu> power down> wait 3 to 4 minutes>step on the brake to restart?

FAT32 yes, the rest, I will try. Thanks!

Resolved! When I erased and re-formatted the disk, I forgot to create the TeslaCam folder. I don't know why it stopped working to begin with, but it's all good now. Thank you! Tesla phone support was useless.