7)Thou shalt not be buying oil industry stock market
8)Thou shalt not be producing wastes; Reuse, recycle
9)Thou shalt not be consuming artificially created needs
10)Remember to be an activist

lowtek | 15 December, 2019

11) Thou shalt live on unicorn tears and good intentions

jordanrichard | 15 December, 2019

Bill +1

“Oil derived products”, scratch any products made of plastic like the computer you typed these commandments on.

BumblebeEV | 15 December, 2019

I didn’t buy it
Can’t you read

BumblebeEV | 15 December, 2019

You can reuse
Recycle
Not buy one
Retard

jimglas | 15 December, 2019

looks like I need to plant a garden and dig a well this spring

Xerogas | 15 December, 2019

Plastic trim in current Teslas is oil-derived; I wonder if that’s the reason CyberTruck’s faux marble dashboard is made from compressed paper.

BadgerErickson | 15 December, 2019

11.) Thou shall be respectful of others in the Tesla forums, or be banned, please.....

We make Progress, not perfection. Striving for perfection creates disappointment, and then relapse to full-on ICE.

@ jimg; skip the well for now, catch the rainwater, it's cheaper....., and is better for the gardens!

rob | 15 December, 2019

I'm going with oak or maple tires.

andy.connor.e | 15 December, 2019

Funny that you say no plane tickets. While planes use fossil fuels, its actually more fuel efficient for you to have a seat on a plane than for you to drive. I did a calculation on that a while ago, and you need to drive with an equivalent gas mileage in the range of ~40-45mpg in order to be more efficient than a seat on a commercial airline.

rob | 15 December, 2019

Don't our Teslas get the equivelent of 130 mpg?

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 15 December, 2019

Thou shalt not drive a Tesla due to fossil burning power plants providing electricity to your car.
Thou shalt not drive a Tesla because of oil in the gearbox.
Thou must cut off thy nose to spite thy face.

SCCRENDO | 15 December, 2019

Thou shalt not listen to idiot climate change.deniers like neo

thou shalt power thy car with thine sun

Jesus Christ, SCC, you misread that one! How many people would be driving electric if they were forced to buy a power roof? Baby steps.

andy.connor.e | 15 December, 2019

@rob

What kind of person would prefer to fly than drive their Tesla? Only ICEies fly.

Tesla2018 | 15 December, 2019

Bless me Elan for I have sinned. I have violated ALL of your commandments and praise the evil orange God.

I promise to say 5 Hail Gretas and never to wash my car again so that the whales dont run out of clean water to swim in.

Did anyone see SNL last night with the parody of the Swedish Meathead Soro puppet of the Year saying that we wont have Christmas anymore since Santa will be homeless and since the elves are short they will drown when the polar ice caps melt!

"I promise to say 5 Hail Gretas" was pretty funny
but "Swedish Meathead Soro puppet of the Year" shows how pitiful and shallow you are

rob | 15 December, 2019

@andy.connor.e
You definitely got me there. I look for any reason to drive and any excuse to not fly.

flickroll | 15 December, 2019

I think I have a barf bag I stole from my last jet powered airplane flight. How’s as good a time as ever to use it.

flickroll | 15 December, 2019

I think I have a barf bag I stole from my last jet powered airplane flight. How’s as good a time as ever to use it.

I heard Greta said that people should kill politicians. Why did she say that?

And your source is???

The article I read where she apologized for doing it.

https://apple.news/A3sSusjfjQm6NsGkcwAUuww

Why do you always make up shit. She said nothing about killing politicians. She just said they need to be held accountable and rightly so
https://imgur.com/gallery/dw2EWah?s=sms

I think her only mistake was that she apologized for having insinuated it. She needs to own that shit. The left wingers are absolutely bananas over this girl!

SCCRENDO | 16 December, 2019

I would define people who support an orangutan who lacks scientific knowledge and is trying to destroy the planet with fossil fuels as as bananas. Greta is a smart kid who understands science and is trying to motivate the world to do what is right to save the planet for her generation.
https://imgur.com/gallery/dw2EWah?s=sms

jordanrichard | 16 December, 2019

Short of an absolutely HUGE asteroid hitting the planet square on, nothing is doing to "destroy the planet". I think a more appropriate term would be environment for our existence. I know it's not as catchy and dramatic, but that is what this comes down to. Whether one believes in climate change and its affects or not, that's another subject. However by using hyperbolic terms, tends to make people not take one seriously.

I mean since probably from the beginning of human existence there has always been a group of people on a street corner with signs saying the world is about to end, usual associated with a religious group and yet...........

andy.connor.e | 16 December, 2019

+1 @jordan

The climate has never stopped changing and will not stop. The question is what can we do to preserve the stable climate we've had for the last 8000 years that has allowed us to reach this point.

r3hxn | 16 December, 2019

+1 @andy.connor.e

This is the problem i have with the CO2 climate studies, is that the planet was already warming before any human greenhouse gas contribution. We are not studying the natural climate variation AT ALL, so how do we even know how much of the warming has been caused exclusively by the greenhouse gasses we have produced? In addition to that, if we know the planet is warming and greenhouse gasses are going to increase, what are we doing to adapt to this? Its not going away, its not going to stop, so what do we as a SPECIES plan on doing about our future?

If storms are going to get more prevalent and more severe, what are we doing to adjust our building codes so that maybe the next hurricane does not knock down every god damn structure thats built on the coast? What are we doing about our road situation if weather is going to impact urban and rural road travel? Where are the tunnel projects? Road covers? What about growing food?

All i see is a bunch of bullcrap bickering about policy. How are we going to solve any problems if WE AS A SPECIES, cannot agree on a common goal? Do we even want to survive? I dont see anyone talking about things that will help OUR SPECIES.

Like i said in another thread, we're doomed to extinction so long as money is the primary priority.

jimglas | 16 December, 2019

we cant "destroy the planet"
But the earth will soon be rid of this temporary infestation by humans
we will make our planet uninhabitable.
But in the scheme of things, we have only been here the blink of an eye.
and will not be missed

Its not even an infestation. In 10,000 years, there will be hardly anything left to show that we existed.

jordanrichard | 16 December, 2019

jimglas +1 cockroaches will win in the end......

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 16 December, 2019

Primitive humans figured out how to live in the frozen tundra as well as the steaming jungles. I'm pretty sure that modern humans can figure out how to survive "uncomfortable" weather. Maybe not every individual, but as a species, we're not as fragile as some make us out to be.
But in the meantime capitalism will do what capitalism does and some people will get rich off of fixing the greenhouse gas issue.

@andy. Sometimes you behave like Mitch. You keep repeating nonsense. We are studying natural climate variation and we have also shown that that the recent CO2 rise is related to our fossil fuel use. I posted good links a while back. Did you not read them.

@neo. We always either adapt or die. Unfortunately we are upsetting the balance of nature at hyper speed and not providing corrective action quick enough.

@SCC

No one is arguing that we have caused the increase in CO2. Perhaps you didnt read what i typed.

rxlawdude | 16 December, 2019

22. Thou shall check thy cholesterol when eating fake meats, which contain more saturated fat than beef.

Uncle Paul | 16 December, 2019

Just another usefull idiot hollering "WOLF!"

I'v been hearing that the world is doomed to failure within the next 10 years...all my life.

Coming Nuclear Winter
Zero Population Growth
Coming ice age.
Asteroid is coming.
Solar flares will also destroy all electronic communications.
Solar flares will freeze/burn us.
Running out of oil.
Arabs will embargo oil.
Nukes in Cuba will vaporize our cities.
Intercontentinal Balistic Missles will vaporize our ciies.
Industrial revolution will bring workers to an early death.
Nuclear power plants will melt down to China.
Airplane contrails will poison us all.
Japan economics will break US economy.
CO2 is rising.
Hole in the Ozone Layer (now mostly closed)
Polar ice caps melting.
Solar radiation.
EMP explosions.
Ebola
Polio
Killer Bees
Introduction of non native species
Introduction of non native plants
Genetically Modified foods
Domino theory
Women getting the Vote
Prohibition
Communist threat
The BIG ONE is coming.
Yellowstone is going to EXPLODE!
The school system is not properly educating our kids.
Lowering Male Sperm counts.
Gevernmental takeover by a political party we do not like.

And now an autistic kid that repeats the fears her parents have drummed into her...with great grimaces.

FEAR!...FEAR...FEAR. There seems to always be something being drummed into our heads to make normally wonderful lives filled with FEAR!

I fear that this one will be no different.

People have the choice to live in Faith...or in Fear.

No kidding @Uncle Paul

Everything is fear. First it was global warming, that didnt work out so much now its climate change. Still the same argument though, greenhouse gasses. The argument didnt change, but the mechanism its based on did. Same with everything. Mechanism always changes to sustain the argument.

Uncle Paul fears an illegal immigrant will take his hospital bed.

SCC, how many illegal immigrants (or is it undocumented visitor?) have you sheltered in your home this year?

typical false equivalence distraction

jimglas, you’re coming through loud and clear. Leave them on the streets of LA and SanFran.

prosecute anyone who employs them
No jobs, problem solved

@neo. 10 members of my family.
What a fucking stupid question. What has that got to do with anything relevant here. Firstly most homeless are not illegals and most illegals are not homeless. Many are vets sent into needless wars and they develop PTSD and get hooked on drugs. Then they get tossed aside by the government. And usually Relublican. Trump is trying pretty hard to create homeless illegals.

Perhaps all the homeless can embark on a migrant caravan to mexico for all the great opportunities available in Mexico that are not available here.

in my experience it appears most of those living on the streets have significant mental challenges.
If we had a support system they would propably be hospitalized
But Raygun did away with that

Homeless =/= immigrant

Pages