Forums

FSD Computer Upgrade Confirmation

FSD Computer Upgrade Confirmation

Sharing the text I just received from Tesla service in response to proactively scheduling an appointment for our FSD computer upgrade. This seems to be further validation that most FSD computers for Model 3 are being allocated by VIN. We took delivery in Nov 2018.

Good Morning, this is Tesla Service. The FSD computer has not arrived yet for your vehicle. Please, log into your Tesla App again mid January and schedule another appointment and we'll be able to confirm if it has been received by then. We'll go ahead and cancel this appointment for now. Thank you and have a nice rest of your day!

gballant4570 | 23 December, 2019

I took delivery Oct 9 2018...... have not heard from Tesla regarding chip upgrade. I am expecting that this should happen in the next several months. Not sure how you draw your VIN allocation conclusion from the text you got, but perhaps Jan is the month I should start asking questions.

mazers | 23 December, 2019

I took delivery in July 2018. Made a service appointment in MD for tire rotation, and also asked if they could do the FSD computer upgrade. They texted back that my VIN is not scheduled. It seems like the upgrades are starting on the west coast first and hopefully they'll be on the east coast soon.

gballant4570 | 23 December, 2019

I am also in MD. I'll start asking in a month or so.

jack.hodges | 23 December, 2019

August, 2018 delivery in TN. Tried to schedule this a couple of months back and same answer. By VIN and West to East. I hope they don't skip over the midwest. Based on the original post, I am going to try to schedule again in January. All they can do is say no and cancel the appointment, again.

Patrick | 23 December, 2019

Suggesting we reschedule in mid-January was at least somewhat encouraging. Hopefully the wait is short and they will work down their upgrade list fairly quickly.

JPPTM | 23 December, 2019

September 2018 delivery. Tried to schedule last month and was rejected. Still waiting.

creativeguy | 23 December, 2019

Elon tweeted recently that they will start the upgrades in Q1 "in earnest". Makes sense. Let them get through the end of Q4 sales and then they can focus on upgrades.

guydude | 23 December, 2019

I took delivery March 2018 and I placed my car in for service today for HW3 upgrade!

I texted Tesla service this morning and they said my Vin was eligible.

mrburke | 23 December, 2019

Looks like we need a FSD - VIN/Delivery date tracking thread.

But as Yoda says "patience"

paulmarvin1 | 2 March, 2020

Live in CHARLOTTE. M3 Lrrw. Bought new aug 2018 with FSD upgrade. Scheduled today for FSD and I’ll let you know the text I receive back

drmcclin | 5 March, 2020

Charlotte, NC here too. I put in a request via mobile app yesterday, stating I was requesting the FSD upgrade. Appointment confirmed for Monday, March 9th. They are also performing a few of the other outstanding service bulletins (charging pin and contactor replacements, off the top of my head). May 2018 LR RWD.

spuzzz123 | 5 March, 2020

Congrats on your acceptance into CVEAP (cone visualization early adopter program)

MouseTrap | 5 March, 2020

SF Bay Area: After reading a number of threads here regarding successful proactive upgrades, I put the request in this morning via the app. I received this text back a few minutes ago:
"Hello [MouseTrap], thank you for creating an appointment for the full self-driving retrofit. Unfortunately, due to supplier constraints we are unable to perform the retrofit at this time. As we receive more information and timing about these retrofits, we will be sure to reach out and update our customers. Unless there are any other issues that need to be taken care of by the service center we will need to cancel your appointment. We appreciate your patience. Best- Tesla Service San Rafael"

No idea what sort of "supplier constraints" they're having - this is the first I've heard of that. June '18 LR RWD

spuzzz123 | 5 March, 2020

Does China have anything to do with hw3? Coronavirus delays?

johnathan.chick | 5 March, 2020

Just to be ballsy, I made a service appointment via the app today for HW3 upgrade. Center accepted it, but moved the date out to 4/29 since the equipment is back-ordered. Guess that's better than cancelling it due to VIN not being eligible!