Forums

Anyone moved from M3 LR RWD to a M3 Performance?

Anyone moved from M3 LR RWD to a M3 Performance?

I am getting a 2020 M3 Performance and trading in or selling my Red 2018 M3 LR RWD with 21K miles. My present car has FSD and hardware 3.0 but I am torn about getting FSD in the Performance model. I'll appreciate any input from someone who may have graduated from a LR to Performance version. Also I would appreciate any input on the new White interior.

Secondly if anyone is looking for a used 2018 M3 LR let me know. I have been offered $40K in trade.

vmulla | 26 February, 2020

"Secondly if anyone is looking for a used 2018 M3 LR let me know. I have been offered $40K in trade." @nvjx

Where are you located?

nvjx | 26 February, 2020

SF Bay Area.

JAD | 26 February, 2020

Not sure what your question is? I have an early LR and a performance with white interior. FSD is completely independent of the drive train, so what do you want to know?

meni | 26 February, 2020

I did exactly that last year. LR RWD to P3D. Trade-in is a total rip off. Don’t do it. I sold privately for the same price I paid minus the rebates (so it was a wash).

Performance is a massive upgrade. But P3D gets a big hit on efficiency. White seats hold up well but be careful to not rub too hard when cleaning or you might damage them.

Get FSD if you can afford it. It’ll be worth it in the long run.

nvjx | 27 February, 2020

JAD, meni answered my question. Thank you.