Forums

Solar Roof V3 Installation

Solar Roof V3 Installation

Hello!

We recently had the new Tesla Solar Roof installed at our home in San Ramon, CA. We have been contacted by Bloomberg and they did a story on our family and the Tesla products we own. We are more than happy to share our experiences and answer any questions anyone has around this product and our interactions with Tesla. We are Model 3 and Model X owners as well. We created a YouTube channel and have posted a few videos and plan to do more content around the Tesla Solar Roof and the vehicles. Please take a look at our channel and subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/c/neumanngroup?sub_confirmation=1

Thanks!

Eric N.

infofiles | 27 February, 2020

do you mind sharing the following info:
1. System size
2. System production estimate
3. Actual daily production on clear day
4. what is your solar roof facing most?

dmanincali | 27 February, 2020

Thanks for sharing! My install starts on Monday. They're saying it should take 10-21 work days to install (quite the big range!).

dmanincali | 27 February, 2020

Thanks for sharing! My install starts on Monday. They're saying it should take 10-21 work days to install (quite the big range!).

Neumann | 28 February, 2020

Systems size: 11.1kW DC
Production estimate: 12,000kW annually
Actual daily: I want to wait until summer, but for February we are hitting a peak of 7kW around noon
Facing: 50% south and 50% north but there is a peak so the north tiles get sun as well

10-21 days seems right but I would imagine installs will go faster once summer hits and there is more daylight available.