Forums

First Quarter Profits

First Quarter Profits

If Tesla needs an infusion of cash, they still have an Ace up their sleeve.....offer FSD at a discount to All Tesla orders, model Y, Cybertruck, etc. When they did it for the Model 3, I jumped on it, and with over a half a million preorders for the Cybertruck, I’ll bet a large percentage would also go for discounted FSD. The offer would be for a limited time, and this time better notification from Tesla would be good, as people missed out on the Model 3 deal because they didn’t know about it.

andy.connor.e | 25 March, 2020

They have 3 billion in available credit lines in addition to everything they already have. China factory is ramping while fremont shuts down and becomes more efficient during the shutdown. They're going to increase acceleration once doors open up again. Tesla is going to be fine.

yudansha™ | 25 March, 2020

2k is too little for FSD. They could be charging at least 5k.

Lorenzryanc | 25 March, 2020

IIRC they just sold a bunch of shares at $720+ so they probably have a nice pillow.

Bighorn | 25 March, 2020

767/shr
$8+B cushion
Not desperate for a few $M

johnpickensavl | 25 March, 2020

my order sheet listed it at 7000

What am I missing? Did it just get more expensive?

Bighorn | 25 March, 2020

$7000 is the cost afaik

Earl and Nagin ... | 25 March, 2020

someone's angling for a bargain here.
I love it when folks try to exploit a crisis for their own personal gain /sarcasm

WW_spb | 25 March, 2020

Shit I would spend 3.5 k for fsd

Magic 8 Ball | 25 March, 2020

Like buying stocks when they are beat down?

buy 3.5k of tesla stock and in a few months you can "spend 3.5k for fsd"

Geico | 25 March, 2020

FSD is a ripoff, even if they gave it away. Your Model 3/Y will never drive without you in the driver seat, so not sure why you'd waste your money on a feature that will never come to fruition.

hey look, mabuck and his zero evidence opinion is back

Please ignore geico aka mabuck who is a disgruntled “owner”. The driver assist of the current FSD is worth it, IMO, and with every OTA it gets better with new features.

Geico | 25 March, 2020

FSD is like taking candy from adult baby's.

Nobody is taking anything (you have a choice). The failed analogy is a perfect example of a reach to bash Tesla.

Geico | 25 March, 2020

Except every time it is promised it is a bold face lie that needs to be purchased in order to get. Presently there are no FSD features even available.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/all-tesla-cars-being-produced-now-have-full-s...

Remember the video showing the person not intervening? That was 4 years ago. Still no where close to that level. And that is not Full Self driving either. Marketing scam.

Geico | 25 March, 2020

Full Self-Driving Capability
Build upon Enhanced Autopilot and order Full Self-Driving Capability on your Tesla. This doubles the number of active cameras from four to eight, enabling full self-driving in almost all circumstances, at what we believe will be a probability of safety at least twice as good as the average human driver. The system is designed to be able to conduct short and long distance trips with no action required by the person in the driver’s seat. For Superchargers that have automatic charge connection enabled, you will not even need to plug in your vehicle.

All you will need to do is get in and tell your car where to go. If you don’t say anything, the car will look at your calendar and take you there as the assumed destination or just home if nothing is on the calendar. Your Tesla will figure out the optimal route, navigate urban streets (even without lane markings), manage complex intersections with traffic lights, stop signs and roundabouts, and handle densely packed freeways with cars moving at high speed. When you arrive at your destination, simply step out at the entrance and your car will enter park seek mode, automatically search for a spot and park itself. A tap on your phone summons it back to you.

Please note that Self-Driving functionality is dependent upon extensive software validation and regulatory approval, which may vary widely by jurisdiction. It is not possible to know exactly when each element of the functionality described above will be available, as this is highly dependent on local regulatory approval. Please note also that using a self-driving Tesla for car sharing and ride hailing for friends and family is fine, but doing so for revenue purposes will only be permissible on the Tesla Network, details of which will be released next year.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161020062540/tesla.com/autopilot

From 2016, LOL

”Please note that Self-Driving functionality is dependent upon extensive software validation and regulatory approval, which may vary widely by jurisdiction. It is not possible to know exactly when each element of the functionality described above will be available”

Simple to understand for most.

Lightglass | 25 March, 2020

I would agree 2K is too cheap...I actually don’t have a specific price in mind. I was thinking more of Tesla having enough earnings to squeak out a positive quarter. China sales continue, and I did see a load of Model 3 and model Y’s going East in Tijeras Canyon a couple of days ago. FSD was priced at $4K for the Model 3, then was on sale for a week at $2K. $7K seems expensive for something 2 years out at least. Andy, I am fully invested in Tesla stock, buying what I could. So, FSD would go on the Credit Card. I just can’t allow myself to buy stock on credit, but would bite on FSD for a deal. I doubt I’m alone on this........

WW_spb | 25 March, 2020

Hey Buck how is Raptor purchase going? Bahahha

Geico | 25 March, 2020

You will not even need to plug in your vehicle at the superchargers Magic 8 Ball! Your car will go park once you get out, only for you to come out the store and realize it was tow'd!

Lmao, what a joke. If you bought FSD shame on you! Now Tesla has to resort to putting EAP features into FSD in order to get people suckered into purchasing it. Sad sad little sheep. But trust mighty elon and jump off the cliff!

You're conflating unforeseen challenges that impede the process as lies. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand the problem? Not that you understand much except how to write an opinion based on nothing.

Geico | 25 March, 2020

Great actually, just test drove it last week and finalizing the paperwork this week. Thanks for asking WhiteWind

Geico | 25 March, 2020

Nope, just some basic common sense will tell you Andy that FSD is a bunch of bullshit that only the ignorant buy because they believe every little thing that is spoon fed to them. Just like Cathie Woods saying Tesla will be worth $6,800. She is smoking the best dope in the world!

I charge at home, then when I get on the highway and put it into EAP/FSD I relax and become a tourist, so fun.

You know what else is a bunch of bullshit? 500 mile range semi. There was someone that said the Semi breaks the laws of physics. Anyone can talk out of their ass and just not talk about that it is improving.

Geico | 25 March, 2020

Why do you think they haven't released it yet? They know the range is a bunch of BS under load and charging it would be a nightmare. You would need 480v hookup at your home or factory to charge the damn thing. It can't be charged at any current Tesla supercharging station, so what good does it do? The coke distribution factories going to install several high amperage $100,000 AC to DC converters for charging the damn things? What about when you need to relocate the trucks thousands of miles away?

I don't think Elon ever thinks through the shit he says. He just dreams it up and thinks it can become reality one day. With Diesel being $2.00 a gallon it won't ever gain traction.

Geico | 25 March, 2020

The 500 mile range Semi will cost $180,000. Wow. The 300 mile version is $150,000.

An 2020 international LT will cost $110,000.

Aint going to happen jack!!

Geico | 25 March, 2020

For the price of one Tesla Semi and One AC-DC charger to charge the damn thing you'd be looking at $300,000. An operator could buy 3 over the road trucks for that damn price. Exactly why the Semi will never be a hit or sell well at all.

lol

notice how there is nothing but negative opinion based on nothing.

Mabuck, you mad bro'?

Can you come up with a comparison of annual operating cost differences including maintenance between a Diesel and BEV Semi? How about life expectancy between the two. Maybe an honest ROI analysis. You were a Tesla fan now you are a hater, sad to see you put so much energy into your hate.

the rattling of his dashboard means Tesla is a scam

Geico | 25 March, 2020

I don't have an honest ROI analyis, because the Semi doesn't exist yet for very good reasons. The 500 mile range figure is not possible with a load. It would take an ungodly amount of batteries to tow 80,000lbs 500 miles. Cost per mile all in for a normal OTR truck is $0.75/mile not including driver wages. That is with diesel fuel at $3.50/gal

If the Semi average 2,000 WH/mi the fuel cost alone would be around $0.30/mile. Assuming all other expenses stay the same except maintenance at half price, you're looking at $0.57/Mile to operate the Tesla Semi. That is very generous

ROI is 400,000 miles with those numbers or 8 years payback. No where close to what most operators deem appropriate for capital expenditure. Most look for 3-5 year ROI max.

Well no one is forcing anyone to buy anything and since all you have is hyperbolic speculation you are putting a lot of effort to go anti Tesla with little to support your general hate.

WW_spb | 25 March, 2020

I am butthurt that I couldn't buy stock at 350 ((( was waiting for trade approval. So mad

PteRoy | 25 March, 2020

Provide FSD as a monthly subscription. I will never pay $10k up front for FSD even if it was feature complete. You need to be pretty privileged to pay that kind of money just to be lazy.

Geico | 25 March, 2020

Don't worry, It'll go back to 350 after Q1 results are out

Probably will. Global production got slammed this quarter. Then as soon as it drops to 350, ill pick up more shares so they can triple by end of summer.

fazman | 25 March, 2020

I already paid $5500 for EAP in 2018 when I got the car, why do I want to spend another $4k for FSD. I’ll wait for HW 4 and see if its worth getting for like $1k.

FSD as they are hyping it today is not worth it. Do I get to keep my old HW 2.5 NVDA card?

Why would you think you get to keep the HW 2.5 card? People buying new cars with HW3 are not given a HW 2.5 card to take home with them, why should you get more?

rxlawdude | 25 March, 2020

I'm hoping it drops below $390, because I unloaded all my shares on its way down from $800+. I want back in when the water's safe.

Ross1 | 25 March, 2020

Breaking the laws of physics?

Elon said Battery Day will showcase 'alien technology'.

Maybe some new laws of physics coming thru.

Ross1 | 25 March, 2020

lol like @blueadept's concept of gravity being electro magnetic

lbowroom | 25 March, 2020

All the new names are cool

fazman | 25 March, 2020

@magic 8 ball

Its a part in my car already, if I was upgrading the exhaust on my ICE i would keep the old part if I ever wanted to rollback. I paid for the part already (More than the $7k people are paying today for FSD).

Remember I paid $5500 for EAP and tesla is asking another $4k on top of that for being able to see cones. FSD is going to have a lot of growing pains as they try to get to the true vision of what FSD really should be rather than just “feature complete”.

By that time we will be on a new car platform or need even more processing power on different AP hardware as well.

Maybe I can wait till everyone switches to HW 3.5 and buy a used ebay HW3 card to slap in my ride for $20.

Bighorn | 25 March, 2020

Google core charge.

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 25 March, 2020

Geico | March 25, 2020
“FSD is a ripoff, even if they gave it away. Your Model 3/Y will never drive without you in the driver seat, so not sure why you'd waste your money”

I guess for the same reason I pay an uber or taxi driver.