Forums

Powerwall and interference with my Internet connection

Powerwall and interference with my Internet connection

Had two Powerwall's installed on March 25, 2020. Started having issues with my Internet (FiberOptic) shortly thereafter. I was experiencing numerous times a day where my Internet signal was glitching for microseconds but long enough to disrupt my VPN connection. Internet provider (Frontier) had me install a new wi-fi router, replaced the ONT power supply and ultimately the ONT as well. Problem continued. After getting escalated to higher level tech support, it was determined that the WIFI router which is located in the garage as are the Powerwall's was transmitting the 2.4G signal on Channel 11 which so happens to be the same channel used by the Powerwall TEG SSID. I turned off the 5G connection as the Powerwall's and my Model X and Model 3 only connect at 2.4G and I use a mesh network in my home, switched the router to be on channel 6 only (which had no other traffic on it) and the issue totally disappeared. Clearly the autoscan of the router should have been able to find a channel beside 11, but it did not. Posting this in case anyone else has a similar issue and it can save you a lot of time just to switch channels on your WIFI router to a channel not being used by the Powerwall's!