Forums

Waiting Line Reporting & Results

Waiting Line Reporting & Results

Please report your waiting line info:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Q4AmXTncrTjxEqwIXLmWSLQLzwHbxOpPRNrzffa...

Then you'll be able to see the results in US and Canada:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tHJtg8Dvk3uzZBAgo8cjxkVgLqU21OoA...

Courtesy of rnelsonee

NKYTA | 31 March, 2016

Thanks Tam!

JeffreyR | 31 March, 2016

7:30 am Pacific
Longest Line: Orlando/Eatonville = 400
Total in line in N. America: 6478

danCE | 31 March, 2016

Tam, I can't get the reporting form to work on an iPhone. No way to scroll down to IL. At 9:40, 130 in line at Highland park, IL

carlk | 31 March, 2016

Thanks Tam. Someone has pictures to post?

JeffreyR | 31 March, 2016

8am Pacific
Longest Line: Orlando/Eatonville = 600
Total in line in N. America: 9021

Red Sage ca us | 31 March, 2016

Obviously, the places that put in the most firm Registrations and Orders will likely see Superchargers and Service Centers multiply in the region.

My, it sure is a good thing that there is "only a limited market for electric cars", eh?

carlk | 31 March, 2016

There is definitely a limit. What's the size of global auto market again?

rod19425 | 31 March, 2016
rod19425 | 31 March, 2016

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xesG1oK6t35koonetlYjN-YmMczEeq8U2u...

Sorry, having trouble embedding using < i m g > URL < / i m g >

Copythat23 | 31 March, 2016

Scottsdale AZ has over 260 people waiting in line! Still 1.5 hours til it they open!

cheekedave | 31 March, 2016

Reserved my Model 3 in Toronto. At least 100 people were there for opening, they started reservations at 9am instead of 10 which was nice. People streaming in as I left.

I wonder what the 'limited market' for Acura TLX, AUDI A4, BMW 3-Series, Infiniti Q50, Jaguar XE, Lexus IS, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class is going to be, going forward...?

georgehawley.fl.us | 31 March, 2016

Didn't have to wait in line.

danCE | 31 March, 2016

Tam, note on the spreadsheet that IL-Chicago is a separate location from IL-Highland Park. I posted numbers for Highland Park.

NICE | 31 March, 2016

The line in Houston is 2 hours long. Disappointed that loyal Tesla owners don't get any privilege in line.

JAD | 31 March, 2016

At utc, line has a few thousand in line!

JAD | 31 March, 2016

At utc, line has a few thousand in line!

BoxcarX | 31 March, 2016

Was just at Highland Park, IL to put my deposit. About 15 people were ahead of me when I arrived and when I left, there were about 15 people behind me. Reservation took less than 2 minutes and there were three terminals being used to make the reservations. The greeter said that when it opened this morning, there were between 100 and 150 people in line waiting. When all is said and done, I'm guessing between 400 and 500 walk in reservations just at this location today.

JZ13 | 31 March, 2016

400 in Newport Beach

PeterPlt | 31 March, 2016

Atlanta - Decatur had 120 people in line when I arrived an hour before opening this morning. Probably double that by 10am. It took me 1+10 to get in to make my reservation (very orderly and well organized). The first few new reservation holders to come out were cheered and then things settled down. News chopper overhead for video.

Decatur is the least busy of Atlanta's three show rooms/galleries, so I suspect the other two were even busier.

My guess is Atlanta will generate over 2,000 orders today. If that ends up being an average per state (CA and NY will well exceed that but ND/SD will be less), then we could have 100,000 orders from US orders today. This does not include employees or the rest of the world. Maybe EM will mention preliminary numbers this evening, since the Left Coast is the last significant market (Hawaii has very few Teslas).

And now the wait begins!!! SOON!!! ;-)

Haggy | 31 March, 2016

It's like Disneyland here in Fremont. By that I mean after seeing about 500 people in line in the parking lot, you get inside and see a very long line.

Haggy | 31 March, 2016

It's like Disneyland here in Fremont. By that I mean after seeing about 500 people in line in the parking lot, you get inside and see a very long line.

jordanrichard | 31 March, 2016

Peterpit, on top of your estimate, you have to add the rest of the world. There is one city in Switzerland that had 200 people waiting.

mrjedistud | 31 March, 2016

1 PM in NY (Manhassat) line is not bad. In and out in 40 minutes

Hi_Tech | 31 March, 2016

Heard there could have been about 10k reservations before stores opened in US.

My guess it about 10-15k more in US today, before the event... therefore about 20-25k today. That is huge! Considering no one knows what it even looks like.

MyXinTx | 31 March, 2016

Great idea, but after looking at the spreadsheet at 1:28 pm EST, I have to wonder how accurate the number really are...

Bellevue, Wa 730
Lone Tree-Park, Co 560
Scottsdale, Az 930

I hope it's all true, but could easily be people sending in false info.

dsvick | 31 March, 2016

Cleveland had over 200 people in line when they opened at 10AM. When I left at 10:30 people were still rolling in.

danCE | 31 March, 2016

The best pic was in another thread. In Montreal, the Tesla showroom is next door to a Mercedes dealership and the Model 3 line was along the street going right past the Mercs.

danCE I saw that one too and I agree with you. Can you imagine what the salesman at that dealership were thinking. I mean how would that look to their customers looking to buy a car. The MS already hurt sales of their S-Class and here it is they are witnessing the sales of their C-Class going bah-bye........

Captain_Zap | 31 March, 2016

@WaitN

I think that the Bellevue number is accurate. I have seen independent accounts of estimates up to 1000. I have seen videos and photos to back up the numbers.

danCE | 31 March, 2016

If I was one of the Merc salespeople, I'd quietly go next door and ask if they have any job openings.

Here is the real scary part people, all of these incredible numbers being reported are just the tip of the iceberg. Those were the people that were willing to drive to the nearest Tesla store. Just imagine what will happen when on line reservations will be available.

NKYTA | 31 March, 2016

443 at Burlingame, CA according to the wife

danCE | 31 March, 2016

We had one guy in line at Highland Park, IL who drove in from Iowa that morning.

mike_f | 31 March, 2016

https://vimeo.com/161071964

Sunnyvale CA 500+

ann | 31 March, 2016

the sales guy in Virginia said there were 400+ waiting in line this morning. I just got back from making my reservation, and there were still people at the three terminals making reservations. he estimated I'd get mine in early 2018

hcwhy | 31 March, 2016

Cincinnati had maybe 100 people in line when I got there at about 10:30 on a windy, wet morning. By 11:15 you could walk right in.

hcwhy | 31 March, 2016

Cincinnati had maybe 100 people in line when I got there at about 10:30 on a windy, wet morning. By 11:15 you could walk right in.

Haggy | 31 March, 2016

I'd say there were about 500 people outside the location when they opened the doors. I was out by about 10:40 and there were perhaps 200 left. But that didn't include the line inside the facility. Fremont.

Maxxer | 31 March, 2016

in Montreal it was raining like shower, 4 degrees
A guy came straight from his job, ended his shift at 7 AM
had no umbrella, no coat, waited 3 hours.
Props to him.

Tesla Guy lend him an Umbrella when they had one free.

up north | 31 March, 2016

We got to the mpls. Mn store at about 9am I think we were about 154 after we reserved and walked out the door there were another 150 waiting at noon. And many more walking up to the line as we were leaving. That's pretty good standing out in the rain at 39 degrees f. That's a loyal group.

Randy Carrera | 31 March, 2016

Anyone successfully reserve at a Gallery? Tesla 800 number says no, but the spreadsheet reads 20 people were in line at the Annapolis Mall Gallery.

EdwardG.NO2CO2 | 31 March, 2016

From the Sarasota Store...Took 3 hours to get through. They handled it well !!
Estimate 300-400 by Noon.

EdwardG.NO2CO2 | 31 March, 2016

I was able to reserve at the Sarasota Store around noon today!

JAD | 31 March, 2016

Are people actually counting? I was in line for an hour and moved a little, but with the line winding up, down and around the mall with various thicknesses, I really have no idea beyond LOTS. May go back this evening and hope as I had to go to a meeting and earn some money to actually pay for the car :0

Pricee2 | 31 March, 2016

The bogus Cherry Hill # needs to be deleted.

MN_EV_Driver | 31 March, 2016

A couple hundred in line this morning at Eden Prairie, Minnesota service center. I came back later when the line was short(er), only like a 20 minute wait to get my reservation.

KTLA Channel 5 here in Los Angeles has promised to cover the Pasadena Tesla Store when they return from commercial break on their 1:00 pm PDT News show...

PorfirioR | 31 March, 2016

All we need is John King and the CNN magic wall to report live the counts at all the Tesla precincts.

Pages