Forums

Boot Space

Boot Space

Hi Everybody, actually I'd love to reserve a Model 3. At the moment I am driving a Scoda Octavia Scout and really need the boot space. Can somebody tell me something about the boot space of the Model 3? Thanks so much in advance!

KP in NPT | 30 October, 2016

We don't know since the final car has not been revealed. The trunk (boot) was one part that definitely was not "finished." We know they said they were going to enlarge the opening compared to the prototype, but we won't see it until they're ready to show us.

Your deposit is 100% refundable. You could place your reservation to get a place in line, and cancel if it the boot is not to your needs.

jordanrichard | 30 October, 2016

Also, most of us here are in the U.S., we don't know what a Scoda Octavia Scout is.

It is a wagon - and to the OP, the Model 3 is not a wagon. It won't have a hatch/liftback - it will have a notch trunk. Per Elon Musk (and disregard anyone on this forum who tells you otherwise.)

jordanrichard | 30 October, 2016

"notch trunk", what is a notch trunk?

akgolf | 30 October, 2016

@mp1156. I was thinking the same thing and realize it's just a matter of time before he probably posts some garbage in here.

I'm probably using the wrong terminology @JR - was thinking notchback or whatever the correct way to say NOT a hatchback or lift back. Just a regular old 4 door sedan. ;-)

bmalloy0 | 30 October, 2016

As everyone else has said, no one knows for sure. That being said, total storage space will likely be superior compared to similar-sized sedans, since the front end will (most likely, at least) have additional storage

akgolf | 30 October, 2016

We do know a seven foot surf board will fit.

jordanrichard | 31 October, 2016

That would be with the back seats or at least one side of the backseat down. That can be done with ANY car. For the record/comparison, I once put 8 foot lumber boards in my MS. Now I will grant you they cam about 6 inches from the center screen, but they fit with no problem.

mp1156, no worries. I know, the whole "liftback/hatchback" cause quite a stir in previous threads. I call it a hatchback. It is a hatch and it is in the back. I have even had people comment about how they didn't realize my MS was a hatchback. As a completely unrelated note, I noticed in another thread you mentioned that you are in RI. Have you ridden or driven a Tesla? I am in Eastern CT. If you haven't but would like to, let me know. I am always looking for an excuse for a drive. jordanrichard@hotmail.com

KP in NPT | 31 October, 2016

Awww thanks JR! I'm actually an owner - I have partial custody of our MS. ;-) The model 3 will replace our ICE. I'm actually supercharging at JFK right now lol. If you ever do a Newport trip, hit me up. I'll let it use our 14-50. ;-)

jordanrichard | 31 October, 2016

Ok. So you are like PhillyGal, having to share the car. She only gets it once a week.

KP in NPT | 1 November, 2016

Haha well in my case it's basically mine. Lol. Sorry hunny!!! :-P