Forums

Will we see a Model X version of the forum ?

Will we see a Model X version of the forum ?

Before anyone whom controls this forum slaps me silly, 'll say thanks for even having a forum for user discussions. I notice that some companies start a forum and as soon as they see dis-satisfied customers make postings they don't like, then the forum mysteriously disappears.

I'm referring to my hope that a future update to the forum might have more features (like those nice Teslas you make) that are typical of other forums to make it easier to use and more productive.

Example, ability to edit my post when I make mistakes, search for specific phrases, add people whom I like to follow because their postings are good, and perhaps get email notifications when someone replies to a post. And yes, other similar powerful features. Currently it is a bit time consuming to use this forum and not real productive.

Thanks for listening.

jordanrichard | 17 March, 2017

There is already Model X forum. You can edit your posts already as well. By the thread title, you should see the word edit.

As for search functions, can't help you there.

rxlawdude | 17 March, 2017

@jordan, you ONLY can edit your post if you are the originator of the thread.

jordanrichard | 17 March, 2017

rxlawdude, yes you are correct and I guess I wrongly assumed that is what he was asking about.

RGH | 17 March, 2017

Well I wouldn't call this the model X version of a forum :-)
I was thinking of something more like phpBB, vBulletin, SMF, or similar very powerful forums that are easy to set up, easy to use, and really easy for administrators to manage.

David N | 18 March, 2017

Certainly not the latest and greatest, perhaps more like a Toyota Corolla forum, simple and basic.
Maybe simple and basic is ok for now. It works.

Goose | 18 March, 2017

I'm not connecting the dots between your post topic and your rant about inability to edit posts

Move on

Dramsey | 18 March, 2017

@Roadie,

The sad technical state of these forums, lacking even a search feature, has been discussed ad nauseum for the last five years or so. Tesla has actually _removed_ features from the forum, such as the ability to post images, since it opened.

We've pretty much given up on this topic, since it's obvious Tesla's not going to do anything about it.

RGH | 19 March, 2017

Dramsey. thanks. I didn't know that. It seems strange that such a high tech company would have a horse and buggy forum.

RGH | 19 March, 2017

Well Goose, just saying that other forums I use don't require the time to look around and find things. I get an email about a reply or new post on something I am interested in reading, I go there to see it and then leave. Wasting much less time. Move on

RGH | 25 March, 2017

I thought I would come back to my original post to make a final comment.
Aside from the fact that this forum is time consuming and difficult to use with no real features, I won't stay here even if it is improved because it seems that it is not moderated.

I can't believe the amount of off-topic crap that is posted and allowed. I thought a "general" topic would apply to Tesla or EV cars, etc. Instead, there is everything from political zombies whom can't accept the fact that their candidate lost, and on the other side, bragging about how the new admin will save the world. I don't care about either one. I came here to discuss Teslas and share information.

Further I don't care about the colour of your skin (postings about slaves), I care more about what colour car you chose ;-)

And finally, I don't understand why their are so many negative people that only come here to attack others and acting like the world revolves around them and no one else's opinion matters. I sense some sort of mental issues or insecurity in those people. They are negative and believe they are the most important people on here. If this is the attitude of a typical Tesla owner, I don't care to meet any of them on the road.

No need to reply if you think I will be coming back to read it because I won't. There are several other great forums I've used in the last week that ARE moderated and don't allow the junk (or the attacks) that I see on here.

For the great many wonderful people on here that have really good information to share and a sense of decency, I thank you for your comments and help. You know who you are. Tesla is doing themselves a did-service with this forum.

RedShift | 25 March, 2017

@pfroadie

Your desire to squelch anything that YOU don't agree with is quaint. :-)

carlk | 25 March, 2017

Old topic but nothing likely will change. Tesla has enough things to do than to spend resource on this forum. After all no other auto company I know of even provide this kind of service on company website.

bigd | 25 March, 2017

RedShift, What did you do to that poor fellow?

@carlk

I've been on BMW, Car and Driver and Honda forums. Every one of them has a general section where people talk about all kinds of things. The moderation tends to be on the lighter side. This bloke, for a (purported) Roadie, seems to have a very thin skin.

TeslaTap.com | 25 March, 2017

@RedShift - I didn't do an exhaustive search, but it seems both BMW and Honda forums are not from the manufacturer. Still I like the way Tesla handles it (i.e. minimal/no moderation). Some forums like TMC go to the other extreme and are so heavy handed to make it annoying at best.

No, they aren't from manufacturer. Tesla's approach is more of 'don't care, got too much to do' than any genuine consideration. Heck, no one knows why they took off the ability to post images.

bigd | 25 March, 2017

RedShift +42 Please listen too him on this subject TeslaTap

Fast Girl | 28 March, 2017

maybe I am called thin skin too. I don't care for most of the attitude I see here. Trying to learn about the Tesla, not politics and harassment ;-)

Silver2K | 28 March, 2017

90% of the posts are about tesla and energy, 5 percent is politics and 5 percent is about ass (that includes people acting like asses).

If you can't find what you're looking for......

Silver2K | 28 March, 2017

......then you're part of the 5% ass :)

RedShift | 28 March, 2017

@silver

Lighten up, bro!

RedShift | 28 March, 2017

@fastgal

If you aren't gone for good, silver is a fun guy! Don't mind that post!

J.T. | 29 March, 2017

@RedShift>>>Heck, no one knows why they took off the ability to post images.

That's not entirely accurate. :-)

Silver2K | 29 March, 2017

RedShift | March 28, 2017
@fastgal
If you aren't gone for good, silver is a fun guy! Don't mind that post!
-------------------------------------

I was actually joking :)

Fast Girl | 29 March, 2017

no not gone for good tho it is a waste of time reading through things that don't apply. Glad you said you were joking. I just ignore such comments as I guess they are joking or upset about something. I just move on to what I need to find ;-) Problem with forums is you can't hear the tone of a person and have no idea what is the attitude.

RedShift | 29 March, 2017

@silver

Cool.

@fastgal

I am a car nut. Been in many forums and this one is no different. It has its adherents, contrarians, deviants...:-)