Forums

Name Your Troll

Name Your Troll

I'm a troll, your a troll, everyones goal is to be a troll, la-la-laaaa
Lets take a poll, name your favorite (least?) troll!
Whee!

dsvick | 13 April, 2017

The one in the dungeon in the first Harry Potter movie, his character was too stereotypical, not developed enough, and I think he had a lot more potential to be mainstay in the series if it weren't for those meddling kids.

ohh wait, did you mean here ... ? :)

Civicrick | 13 April, 2017

You can be Potter Troll!

SamO | 13 April, 2017

My favorite troll is: Flagged!

Civicrick | 13 April, 2017

No... please... don't be Flagger Troll

Tropopause | 13 April, 2017

I like Smurfette.

Red Sage ca us | 13 April, 2017

The three guys that were talked to death by Bilbo Baggins as they didn't notice the sunrise. They proved how terminal stupidity can lead to your own demise.

topher | 13 April, 2017

"The three guys that were talked to death by Bilbo Baggins as they didn't notice the sunrise."

Gandalf. They were Tom, Bert, and Bill.

Thank you kindly.

NKYTA | 13 April, 2017

"What?"

Exactly.

lilbean | 13 April, 2017

No more trolling threads? They are in your honor. Lol.

Red Sage ca us | 13 April, 2017

topher: Correct. I think it's been four or five years since I last read 'The HOBBIT', and that was more than thirty years after I read it the first time. I forget stuff sometimes. Apologies. What I most love is that while I loved the book as a child, I found it was enormously better than I remembered upon reading it again as an adult.

EVolution | 14 April, 2017

I've been on forums since 2000 and the concept of Troll came just lately,

When internet started we used hacking programs, use their IP addresses, highjack their computers, infect them with viruses and then their 56k modem never worked again. Trolls were easily put away since 1% of the population could connect to the internet and the dumber ones still were hanging in backstreets smoking drugs and fighting defenseless kids.

Now with social media, everyone is the troll of someone else because everybody is sharing their opinions on any subject they don't even understand. Which doesn't create anything nor anybody benefits. Just add data on servers.

Carl Thompson | 14 April, 2017

EVolution:
"I've been on forums since 2000 and the concept of Troll came just lately"

I've been on forums since the early 1980s and there were trolls then as now.

"When internet started we used hacking programs, use their IP addresses, highjack their computers, infect them with viruses and then their 56k modem never worked again."

The internet "started" in the late 1960s. It must have been really hard to damage people's 56k modems in the 60s.

Carl

Civicrick | 14 April, 2017

There has been a nomination to change ds from Potter Troll to Dick Troll, which shouldn't be a problem in this forum. I am a Richard and use the nickname Rick. I found it more effective in getting girls to talk to me back in the single days. Most girls would shut down for some reason when I said "Hi! I'm Richard but plz call me Dick"

Fast Girl | 14 April, 2017

Troll? If that means fishing (trolling) for information, then I guess I am my own favorite troll. Trying to learn more about these various cars before I buy in the summer.

Civicrick | 14 April, 2017

That is a beautiful thing to say. Tear up those labels of negativity! Sweetness Troll

Bluesday Afternoon | 14 April, 2017

Before his insult vanishes I need to know the difference between trolls and trollls? I looked in Wikitroll but couldn't see a reference.

lilbean | 14 April, 2017

Hahaha. The extra l is for big time loser with no life.

gavinfaulkner | 14 April, 2017

@Fast Girl

Not sure if that was intentional or if because trolling sounds like trawling in an American accent and you were unsure of the proper spelling of it....

Red Sage ca us | 15 April, 2017

gavinfaulkner: +1! Yes. To the point where some have claimed miscreants are 'fishing' for 'debate' and may 'land a fish' when someone 'takes the bait'. I'very seen trolling described that way, even though it is not correct by spelling, only by technique. That's why I mention the guys hiding from sunlight under a bridge, extracting payment as toll for crossing it. I suppose some trolls might be doing a bit of fishing to pass the time as they reside under the bridge though, right?

Civicrick | 15 April, 2017

Red, you caught me! I am learning from the debates tho

Bighorn | 15 April, 2017

Trolling and trawling are both ways to catch fish.

I think its time to delete this thread...

johndoeeyed | 15 April, 2017

@Civicrick
Your second to last post was "I am learning from the debates tho" and now you just posted "I think its time to delete this thread..."
Think about it.

Foodforthought Troll he is

mos6507 | 16 April, 2017

"I think its time to delete this thread..."

I think it's time to delete every thread that is about other posters and not about Tesla.

Trolls and those who name them are two sides of the same coin. Both are attention-seekers.

Civicrick | 16 April, 2017

From the mouths of hypocrites

Carl Thompson | 16 April, 2017

Actually this thread seems OK. I feared it would devolve into a flame-fest when I first saw it but the folks here haven't done that. I haven't noticed any posts calling any particular user names and instead the topic has mostly been about favorite trolls from books and movies which is kinda cool.

Carl

Civicrick | 16 April, 2017

Do you have a favorite troll Carl?

Carl Thompson | 17 April, 2017

@Civicrick:
"Do you have a favorite troll Carl?"

Maybe the one from "The Three Billy Goats Gruff." All he wanted was dinner and he was treated so shabbily.

Carl

Civicrick | 17 April, 2017

Edward the troll luckily got to hang with Gemma Arterton, an attractive British actress who is doing an adaptation of Watership Down to reflect the plight of refugees