Forums

Confirmed - Final unveil in July

Confirmed - Final unveil in July

In a tweet this afternoon Elon was asked when the final unveil for the model 3 would be. His one word reply was "July".

https://twitter dot com/elonmusk/status/852582182212194304

akgolf | 13 April, 2017

Yay!

Ehninger1212 | 13 April, 2017

Glad this is finally confirmed! Also excited for the tesla semi in September!!

Red Sage ca us | 13 April, 2017

I think this means they are right on schedule. July 14th is a Friday... And happens to be my birthday...

dsvick | 13 April, 2017

Mid July or later is also more realistic if this reveal is the reward in the latest contest that ends at the end of May. If the winner needs to accept/confirm by June 2, that would give them 6 weeks or so to arrange travel and accommodations.

mntlvr23 | 13 April, 2017

Yay
(I had to do a double take, and double check that the author wasn't dd)

Hmmm... What's on the SpaceX calendar for July...?

dsvick | 13 April, 2017

@mntlvt23 - "I had to do a double take, and double check that the author wasn't dd"

Nope. I own a lot more Tesla stock than he does, and I talk to Elon much more frequently, and I my dying neighbor's (soon to be) widow sold me their loaded model X for well under half price.

PhillyGal | 13 April, 2017

Hahaha! @dsvick

JeffreyR | 13 April, 2017

https://forums.teslarati.com/threads/tesla-model-3-final-unveiling-event...

I would have gone w/ the single "July" OP title, but your title works too.
-----------

You guys gotta stop making people edit URLs to follow them.

Watch this:
twitter.com/elonmusk/status/852582182212194304

See Mollom does not see that as a link, and folks on their smartphones and tablets can use it easier.

Here's why it works:
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/tip-posting-links

El Mirio | 13 April, 2017

JeffreyR
deleting the http:// or www. does not always work for me, i tried your suggestions but still get blocked by Mollom, maybe it's something i said in the past :o)

Google; reuters pollution air in bottle

try to post that reuters link, i deleted all www. still won't post.

Coastal Cruiser. | 13 April, 2017

July. The month of Julius Caesar. This augers well.

bmalloy0 | 13 April, 2017

Wouldnt August auger amazingly, approving awesome alliterations?

SoFlaModel3 | 13 April, 2017

My birthday is in August, so happy early birthday to me if I have placed my order by my birthday!

Oh Yes! Augustus would likely be acceptable... but July just justifies the general jist of the joyful pro-jections of the man whose name rhymes with Jon.

AZ Fan | 13 April, 2017

Awesome! My birthday is July 19 - perfect day for a Model 3 update/ reveal!

Dcp9142 | 13 April, 2017

I will be astonished if the unveil is earlier than July 31. Most likely, they will unveil in September, which is still July in Tesla Time™ . I base this prediction on past performance which is the most reliable guide to future performance.

Approval for an amazingly awesome Augustus alliteration without the word 'antimony' for the sake of showing off? Almost, not quite. And I don't even have an Aunt Imony... But 'alphanumeric' would have done just fine.

noleaf4me | 13 April, 2017

On time -- I love it!

topher | 13 April, 2017

"See Mollom does not see that as a link, and folks on their smartphones and tablets can use it easier."

Nope. I just tried your exact link. It got flagged. So, thanks, but no it doesn't work for everybody.

Thank you kindly.

Dcp9142 said: "I will be astonished if the unveil is earlier than July 31. Most likely, they will unveil in September, which is still July in Tesla Time™ . I base this prediction on past performance which is the most reliable guide to future performance."

I love how you go the TM in there. can I do it? ™. Yes. And its a graphic at that.

Just be careful on that past performance thing. First Principles thinking tends to disqualify that line of reasoning. ;>

Coastal_Cruiser: The '™' is not a graphic, but a special character. You should be able to type/enter it in a manner similar to the '☰' symbol. You should also be able to use the '©' emblem. Though Mollom does seem to get rather temperamental about such things from time-to-time...

SamO | 13 April, 2017

SEC Rule 156 requires mutual funds to tell investors not to base their expectations of future results on past performance before they invest. Long experience and a recent report by McKinsey Global Institute require me to give business owners the same warning before you choose your exit date. Your expectations about the returns you can expect on your nest egg directly affect your choice of when to exit your company.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnbrown/2016/09/29/past-performance-is-no...

Here is the Reuters article:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-pollution-idUSKBN16O18T

Oh well, another reason to despise Mollom!

I'll stop complaining about the links. Sorry for the distraction. Now back to our pining for Model 3 details.

@CC http://www.character-code.com/ has a whole bunch to choose among. Not sure how many Mollom will complain about, but they are legal HTML.

™
©
®
≡
&

Not the only one thinking an homage to Elon's tweet was a good idea for an OP title:

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/july

What did you guys say¿

Ross1 | 14 April, 2017

July: M3
September: Semi

August: why isnt anything happening in August?
Oh, I suppose it will: July

noleaf4me | 14 April, 2017

Ross - Model Y reveal?

dd.micsol | 14 April, 2017

Well ds is a dick after all. Thanks for the trolling
I currently hold 5.8m worth of tesla stock. so, yeah I do own more than you. sold it all then bought it back-my initial investment. I did have 47m worth of it.
We weren't able to get the X-it was given for free to their son. Their new X is loaded 137k. Dad passed yesterday. Our condolences.
I'll be more than happy with my S 100D.
Wife has made the decision to ditch the S p85d for the model 3-will put order in for the 3 in 2019. She doesn't like it-it's too big for her. So we are donating it for charity to the national kidney foundation auction. franz wanted it but it's better to raise money with it.
After all this, I think the semi is one of the biggest polluters on the planet next to those dump drunks and buses.
Smart move. Don't forget model Y unveil was supposed to be in June. This was in case you change your mind about the 3 you could keep you place in line for the Y. Maybe he changed his mind. I do still want a golf cart for traveling around town-speed limit is 25 anyways. I think it was model G on the diagram.
So Model 3, model Y, Semi all back to back. Easter eggs should come out today or this weekend. I'm still looking forward to seeing the final product. So again thanks for the bashing/trolling and being a dick after all.

virgored | 14 April, 2017

Looks like a trip to the US from the then in September to take a look

virgored | 14 April, 2017

Looks like a trip to the US from the UK then in September to take a look

pavel | 14 April, 2017

I think with adjustment for EST (Elon Standard Time) this would mean 7/31/17 :)

dsvick | 14 April, 2017

@dd - "Well ds is a dick after all. Thanks for the trolling
I currently hold 5.8m worth of tesla stock. so, yeah I do own more than you ... "

Wow, personal much? Oh, and you have no idea how much Tesla stock I own.

Badbot | 14 April, 2017

" I think the semi is one of the biggest polluters on the planet next to those dump drunks and buses."
I think it is ships that are the big polluters, but there lots more semi's

SoFlaModel3 | 14 April, 2017

I don't always buy $47 million in stock, but when I do, I buy $35,000 cars with the proceeds.

Stay classy my friends.

I am a long term car forum poster (obviously just about a year on here), but I must say this is some of the finest trolling I have ever seen.

Frank99 | 14 April, 2017

SoFla - That was one of the funniest lines I've seen on here in awhile. Thanks for brightening my afternoon.

SamO | 14 April, 2017

ha ha ha +1

Civicrick | 14 April, 2017

I think it would be so appropriate if it was on the birthday of THIS GREAT NATION! WOO!

KP in NPT | 14 April, 2017

I wouldn't classify dd as a troll. He's not trying to harm tesla. He has his millions to consider. ;-)

dds are usually a lot of fun

dds are usually a lot of fun

topher | 14 April, 2017

"I will be astonished if the unveil is earlier than July 31. Most likely, they will unveil in September, which is still July in Tesla Time™ . I base this prediction on past performance which is the most reliable guide to future performance."

They will need to do a lot of planning, so they will set the date in stone by June. No way they can imagine a unplanned slip to September in June.

Thank you kindly

dsvick | 15 April, 2017

@topher - "They will need to do a lot of planning, so they will set the date in stone by June. No way they can imagine a unplanned slip to September in June."

And, if this reveal is the prize/reward for the on going contest, they'll need to let them know the dates when they notify the winners which should be before June 2nd (when it has to claimed by).